Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I'm comin' out, I want the world to know

A number of revelations today, of the non-revelatory sort: Lindsay Lohan finally admitted -- to "Loveline", no less -- that she has been dating Samantha Ronson for a "very long time." That certainly clears up any questions we may have had, but I still don't much trust Lilo's judgment. What exactly constitutes a long time?


[Photo courtesy of NY Daily News]

Also coming out this week ... American Idol's Clay Aiken. Um, yeah. People didn't need to shell out the big (or perhaps little in Mr Spamalot's case) bucks for this story. Again, not exactly a revelation.

Elsewhere, E! seems to have some sources telling them that The Hills' Whitney Port is in fact filming an East Coast spinoff to The Hills, aptly titled The City. I can't say I hate the idea. I'm not sure how fond I am of the idea of Los Angeles turning into New York, but I have to admit that I didn't totally love the idea of it being the last season of the show and wasn't yet ready to say goodbye to Whitney and Audrina Patridge.

Now, the best of both worlds. If Miley Cyrus would just go away.

David Cook has apparently had enough of magic rainbows and is truly to recoup any dignity lost with a new single, "Light On". Perhaps not strangely at all, I liked the general sound of "Time of My Life" better, however, the lyrics of "Light On" are infinitely better. I think it may be a bit of hard sell with pop radio, but he's attractive enough to pull it off.


[Photo courtesy of Amazon.com]

David Archuleta's alleged album cover has been released. Also not a huge fan of the pic. Although it does make him look his age, mysterious and potentially mysterious enough to be sexy without giving up any bit of his Mormon-ness, he ... well, there's no other way to put it: he looks like he's dead.

Other than the lack of color in his face, not too bad. They have the right idea going for them there.

David Cook's album, rumored to be called "Out of My Head", will drop on November 18th. David Archuleta's album will likely be titled "David Archuleta" and will hit stores on November 11th. David Archuleta. Dull, but reliable.

P.S. Must see television recap of the day: Cloris Leachman on Dancing With The Stars. Enjoy!

[Courtesy of YouTube user "rihannamusicfan"]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really wanted to like Light On, and after several listens I just can't. David's uniqueness does not translate in the song. There is nothing separating this release from run of the mill Daughtry or Nickelback release - who he should be trying to separate himself from with a quickness. Aside from writing the song, there is way too much of Chris Cornell's vibe in it - the music sounds too much like Soundgarden, and if you close your eyes and listen closely, it sounds like Cornell is singing. If I wanted a Chris Cornell record, I would buy one from Chris Cornell. I didn't expect to hear David lose so much of what makes him special...his fans from the show will buy it in droves... I'm not so sure he will have such an easy sell to the public at large... I'm lowering my previous expectations for the album, and hope there is more authentic and substantive David Cook material in it.

Anonymous said...

As much as it may be painful for some fans to see this more serious side of David Archuleta, it is the natural progression from the cute little Idol kid into the young man - and serious musical artist that he truly is. There are many facets to David, and this, IMO, is the most honest representation I've seen... the youthfulness is juxtaposed with the budding maturity of a stunningly handsome young man... He's growing up, and he's wearing it well.