Saturday, July 23, 2005

And the week following ...

Hmm. Let's review this past week, shall we?

I'm gonna have to say that the Jude Law and Nanny scandal was by far the juiciest. Poor Sienna Miller -- so young, so beautiful, so naive. But hey, Tom and Nicole's divorce catapulted her onto the A-list, so I can't see why this couldn't do the same for Sienna. No word yet on whether Jude and Sienna's engagement is still on, though Sienna's been spotted without her ring on. And now she's taking time off from her run of As You Like It at London's Wyndham Theatre. Gosh darnit, I was planning to go see her in that, too. Think she'll get over the dog by early September?

Actually, let's talk about Sienna Miller. She was slated to play Andy Warhol's muse Edie Sedgwick in "Factory Girl," but sources have said that she opted instead to do As You Like It. Who has the role of Sedgwick gone to, according to sources? Someone who, seemingly, could not be any more different: Katie Holmes. I'm appalled, to say the least. Sienna would've made a fantabulous Edie. Plus, Katie's not nearly near-anorexic-looking enough to pull it off.


Edie Sedgwick (Photo courtesy of some cool French site)

In other news, Frankie Muniz engaged!? I have nothing nice to say about that or him, so I shall say nothing else at all.

I heard that on the set of A Prairie Home Companion, Meryl Streep pulled Lindsay Lohan aside for a quick lecture on professionalism and showing up late to set. Lohan's publicist denies it ... or maybe she's just in denial. I would be too if I had her job and had to keep up with Lohan's plethora of escapades.

No comments: