Saturday, June 24, 2006

Celebs spill

Kevin Richardson of the Backstreet Boys has decided to leave the group, at the ripe old age of thirty-three. (Or thirty-four, since his birth year is constantly being questioned, but whatever.) The Backstreet Boys released this statement:
Earlier this year, after much soul searching, Kevin Richardson came to us and told us that he had decided to leave the group and pursue other interests. He gave his blessing to continue the music without him.
We have no intention of replacing Kevin, and the door will always be open for him to return to the Backstreet Boys. We wish him the all the best in his future endeavors.
This weekend we are returning to the studio to begin the follow-up to Never Gone, and will see you later this year with a new album.


And like every good musical artist, Kevin has a MySpace of his own, on which he wrote:
Hey everybody, sorry it has been so long since I've updated you. I've been very busy. I know there are alot of rumors floating around about my status with BSB. After thirteen years of what can only be described as a dream come true, I have decided to leave the Backstreet Boys. It was a very tough decision for me but one that was necessary in order for me to move on with the next chapter of my life. Howard, Brian, Alex, and Nick will always be my little brothers and will continue to have my utmost love and support. I want to thank you all for the beautiful memories we have shared together and look forward to including you in the next phase of my life. I wish my brothers continued success and look forward to their new album. Peace and love, Kevin Richardson

As a painfully loyal Backstreet Boys fan, I am shocked but ... not all that surprised.

British boy band McFly, who appears in Just My Luck with Lindsay Lohan is dishing about her. It was rumored while the film was in production that Lohan had had a fling with McFly's Harry. Now Harry is stepping up and airing his laundry: "It's weird ... I've spent a year denying it, but now I'm supplying it: I did spend the night with her. She still isn't admitting it. She said in one magazine interview, 'I didn't touch him, but my friend did.'" Danny of McFly said that "There was so much sexual tension ... She is so fit and she has a very scary presence, a real star aura about her. I don't think she ever became approachable. No one wanted to look stupid in front of her, so we all stopped making immature jokes. Of course, I wanted to get off with her. And I thought she fancied me at first. She invited us all out for a meal with her family. And she asked for my phone number." [Photo courtesy of popjustice.co.uk]

Well who cares about Danny, really. Harry went on to say that "We sat together during the meal and she chatted to me about [a] girl I'd been out with. She asked if I'd ever been out with an older woman, and I said I'd once dated a 30-year-old. After the meal we all went on to a club in a limo. She said, 'Harry, you're sitting next to me.' Later she introduced me to a few people as her boyfriend. Then she said, 'Kiss me.' I was really nervous, I can tell you, because she's so super successful and talented. I thought, 'This is awesome.' Then she invited me back to her hotel: I left at eight the next morning." A couple nights later, they bumped into each other at a party: "I was chatting to Jude Law and Sean Penn. Lindsay ignored me a evening. Then, at the end of the night, she asked me to go back to her hote again. I said I was tired and declined. The last time I saw her was at the Hollywood premiere of the film. She gave me a kiss on the cheek; we exchanged a few words."

Hmm. If Lindsay stopped introducing random guys as boyfriends, maybe she wouldn't be in the tabloids for her various relationships as much. She also has bad taste ... everyone knows Doug's the cute one ...

More UK news ... Jesse Metcalfe's current girlfriend, butterface Nadine Coyle of UK girl group Girls Aloud is thinking of quitting the band and moving to Los Angeles to be with her boy toy. "I am head-over-heels in love with him ... I won't let this moment go. I have to follow my heart." Wonderful. Just what I wanted to hear. [Photo courtesy of ONTD]

... Annnd Perez Hilton had a run-in with the scary Lohan Mom, Dina: One night, Lindsay Lohan's mother was like, "don't you write sh*t about me. I'm friends with Tommy Mottola!" I'm like, "Whoooaaa! you're friends with Tommy Mottola! Oh mah gawd!" So, I just loved that she said that. You know, like, "oOoo, I've got mafia connections". And that's what she was saying. Like, Tommy Mottola is a loser. His label is a failure. Casablanca - like, Lindsay's on there. Yeah, you notice how I never talk about her album. I talk about Paris' album cause I've heard the whole thing and it's actually really good. I don't think I've ever mentioned Lindsay and her music. It's kind of crappy. Or maybe because Paris Hilton is dumb enough to kiss your ass. But if it's true, Dina needs to get her head out of high school. Not surprised Lindsay turned out the way she did.

No comments: