Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Star-Crossed

For some reason or another, tonight's biggest news seems to be that both Jessica Simpson and Kristin Cavallari lost the role of Lucy Ewing in the film version of Dallas to Jesse McCartney's girlfriend and David Cassidy's daughter, Katie Cassidy. [Photo courtesy of Yahoo! Movies]

According to TMZ.com, Ashlee Simpson turned down a $4 million offer to pose for Playboy. Yay?

Lindsay Lohan flew her fashion stylist from Los Angeles to New York City and paid for the flight, the hotel and everything, but Lindsay decided to extend her stay. But Nate Newell, the stylist, had had enough -- he couldn't take her constant partying any longer and flew back him with the financial aid of his friends. Lindsay supposedly texted her friends saying that "[Nate] is dead to me." She also reportedly asked for a reimbursement for the expenses.

Apparently Lohan has crossed the line at last.

For a certain friend of mine, Josh Groban and longtime girlfriend January Jones have split for the meantime (or are "taking a break", to be exact), but his rep says "They remain friends."

Hilary Duff stirred up some controversy last week when her interview with ELLE magazine offended the Washington Post because she'd called boyfriend Joel Madden's hometown "pretty ghetto." She clears her name -- somewhat -- by clarifying on her AOL blog: "I want to set the record straight. I have never called Waldorf 'ghetto.' If a journalist has printed that, they might have me relaying a story Joel told me about when he moved to Baltimore when he was 18 and had no money. The place he was living was pretty ghetto. The journalist must have found out where Joel spent his childhood and took my words out of context. I didn't say Waldorf was 'ghetto.' The place he moved to in Baltimore was. Joel loves where he grew up, and is taking me there in a month to show me around and he only has great things to say about his home town and the nice people." Nice save, Hil.

And in the current issue of Seventeen, Lauren Conrad says that she "didn't even like dating until [she] met Jason." She really makes Jason Wahler look like a sweetheart: "... when I get mad, I kind of just don't talk. And he's more of a talk-about-your-feelings guy, so he'll sit me down. It's really funny, 'cause he' be like, 'Okay, what's bothering you? What can we do to fix it?' So he's helping me a lot. It's better to process problems and then let them go." According to Lauren, he's her shopping buddy too: "He's so good about it ... Jason actualy helps pick stuff, like, 'This would look really nice on you.' or if I try on a dress and I'm like, 'I'm getting it!' he's like, 'Put it back -- you'll never wear that.'" And he bought her a dress that she really liked that he told her not to buy, for Easter. Wow, what happened to J Wahl, and where can I get one?

The Pop World has resurrected itself. Hallelujah!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for Katie Cassidy. Thank God someone other than Jessica Simpson gets her (Katie) turn and is actually a real blond!