Friday, December 17, 2004

Oh, those Simpsons.

This news is a bit old now, but I'm a bit enraged by Mr. Joe Simpson, father of Jessica and Ashlee Simpson.

As you all well know, he's a former Baptist minister who gave up his job to manage his two daughters. Or produce their ever-so-enlightening reality shows. (But hey, I'm a fan. Of Ashlee's, at least.) So ... Mr. Simpson told GQ magazine recently that Ashlee's character in the film Wannabe was originally a lesbian, but he had the character rewritten. I know he's a religious man, but taking the deep plunge from minister to Hollywood career manager entails opening up your mind a little. Or losing some fans.

"It doesn't work for her to be gay the first time out," he says. "She said, `But it's cool, it's edgy, it's different,' and of course the filmmakers were like, `It's cool for a woman to be a lesbian,' and I'm like, `That's true, but not her first role.' ''

This is coming from a guy who, in the same interview, said, ``Jessica never tries to be sexy. She just is sexy. If you put her in a T-shirt or you put her in a bustier, she's sexy in both. She's got double D's! You can't cover those suckers up!''

Um, okay. Glad you're not my dad ...

1 comment:

Raystorm said...

I'm with you pal. What a guy! Glad he's not my dad either... *cough* idiot *cough :)
Cool blog by the way!