Thursday, May 08, 2008

For a "stoner", he sure is classy ...


[Courtesy of YouTube user "jasoncastroonline"]

In the Entertainment Weekly Exit Interview with Jessica Shaw, Jason Castro has some good words for everyone:

For journalists:
Jason, I hear you're upset that I printed the quote you gave to me about wanting to go home. Do we need to make peace?
I'm not upset about it. It's cool. I said it.

For Simon:
Let's talk about Tuesday night. When Simon said no one should ever cover ''I Shot the Sheriff,'' did you think of reminding him that Eric Clapton did a great cover of the song?
You know, sometimes he says things that are obviously wrong. But no, I wouldn't have said that to him. My mom taught me never to make a person look wrong. I am just respectful. It's my place to sing a song and his place to judge.

For Andrew Lloyd Webber:
Did you want to kill Andrew Lloyd Webber for dissing you on stage?
No. I thought it was humorous. He was really very kind, but we're just different people. I don't think he gets me. I saw a lot of passion in him, but he couldn't pick up on my passion.

For Paula:
When Paula prejudged your second song, what was going through your head?
I didn't know what was going on. I was so confused. I was standing next to David and I wanted to turn to him and say, ''What?'' I thought the second song was good. I was just confused. It was too funny. But it was an honest mistake.

For Bob Marley:
Last night when you were singing ''I Shot the Sheriff'' again, you looked downright giddy to be singing for the last time on the Idol stage.
I was just so excited. As much as I wanted to be in it, I don't know. It was the realization of, Man, I don't have to deal with song pressure anymore. I was just so happy. That, and I love Bob Marley and reggae music.

For humankind:
You always seemed so mellow even when the judges were slamming you. How do you do that?
Well, it's just my mentality. They're just people. We're all just people.

Gentle soul. Wish you'd stayed a little longer.

No comments: