Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Rock and Roll Does David Cook Wrong?

Thoughts on tonight's show:


DArchuleta's back in the game. Predictable yet somewhat odd song choices, but he did a phenomenal job -- best since "Imagine". And he debuted a new palm-down move -- take that nit-pickers!

David Cook seemed distracted. He could've done so much with "Hungry Like The Wolf", but it came across as just average for him. Not his best, but he shouldn't beat himself up too much about it.

Syesha is hanging by a thread. She pulled out the sexy and the tears -- all the plugs. She needs it, though neither made me like her any bit more. I thought her first song was campy, her second song was horrendous. What Kool-Aid was Simon drinking during that second song? I want some.

Jason's already bumming on the beach. First song -- weak. Not sure what he was doing with his dreadlocks, but y'know, to each his own. Never a good sign when the music is louder than your voice, though. Second song -- UH OH UH OH UH OHHHHH my mom and I yelled when he blanked on the lyrics. I'm surprised this was his first time, though. Still charming as ever, though boy looks like he needs a little sleep. I think his fan base will pull overtime tonight to make sure he makes it into the top three, no matter how much he deserves to go home and how much he probably wants to be home.

Who do I think will ultimately go home tomorrow?

Syesha.


P.S. How much am I a fan of David Archuleta's to know that his best friend Adam was in the audience and was wearing a pineapple t-shirt for DArchuleta's fans? Adam called himself a "fruit" (hmmm) last night in a chat and did a terrible job trying to cover it up (calling it a "Utah thing" or some such). Anyone from Utah care to explain how this is not just a derogatory term for "homosexual"? Thanks. I'll go back to being a 23-year-old when the season's over.

No comments: