Monday, August 14, 2006

August 14th.

A quick summary of new things:

I saw Half Nelson, the newest Ryan Gosling film, when it opened on Friday here in the city. It was fantastic -- the perfect balance of cynicism and sweetness. I'm used to seeing Gosling in dark films, in disturbingly heavy roles. And then there was the unusual role he took on in The Notebook. Well in Half Nelson, his character Dan is immature, vulnerable, charming and humorous. This is the funniest role I've seen him in since his days on Mickey Mouse Club. I have nothing but praises to sing about this film. I highly recommend it. He will single-handedly bring back the bandage-to-lip trend.

I also got my hands on Paris Hilton's upcoming album Paris. I hate to admit it (I really, really do), but the critics were right. It's a genuinely good album. It's catchy, fun, sexy, cute. What it isn't, however, is a showcase of Paris' vocal abilities. (Probably because they are lacking.) I'm not telling you to go and buy it, but if you're remotely curious, have yourself a listen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

why does it have to be so good? her luck never runs out.

Anonymous said...

i just noticed all of your headlines are the date now