Thursday, April 27, 2006

The Reality of Celebrity

Elizabeth Taylor, one of the few great actresses of yesteryear who is still around, is nearing death. At 74, her heart has begun to fail and she is, according to a friend, "inching closer to death every day and she knows it. It is not a pretty picture." The friend went on to say that "She's not leaving a lot of money to her children. She wants the bulk of her fortune to go to AIDS research." She is confined to her bedroom and has planned her own funeral. She wishes to be buried next to former husband Richard Burton.

Angelina Jolie finally spoke out about her relationship with Brad Pitt with NBC's Today and Dateline. She said that the media scrutiny makes her "giggle." "If [Brad] saw this, he would probably understand why I was laughing. Because I just don't know how to address that kind of thing. I don't talk about our - my relationship in public. But we also don't talk about it at home. It's one of those funny things that just happens, and you live your life, and you're a family. But you never actually discuss [it]." She spoke lovingly of her children: "I just think, especially my daughter, there's no possible way she would have gone to school. She is so smart and so strong. And her potential as a woman one day is great. Hopefully she will be active in her country and in her continent when she's older. And because she'll have a good education, she'll be able to do that much more." Hmm ... already building Zahara up to be a U.N. ambassador? She went on to say, "My life is very full. I'm very proud when I see my children - already Mad[dox], just how he adjusts to different places in the world and different people and his views and the kind of man he's going to be. I'm very lucky." I find it funny that Maddox's nickname is Mad. That can't be good. The full Dateline interview will air this Sunday at 7PM EST on NBC. [Photo courtesy of NBC.com]

Jolie and Pitt have already sold the photos of their unborn baby to People magazine for $3.5 million, and to Hello for $750,000. The money will go to UNICEF.

Is Sienna Miller stupid enough to take Jude Law back? Maybe, just maybe. The two were spotted last Saturday having dinner in Santa Monica and were reportedly "kissing and holding hands" throughout dinner. The following day, they were photographed having lunch with his children and later went to see Ice Age 2. [Photo courtesy of lime-light.org]

Two stars we couldn't possibly care about are getting their own reality shows: Shannen Doherty and Jennifer Lopez. Okay, maybe some people care about J. Lo. Her MTV show will "focus on her real life" and will also "follow dancers who, with Lopez's guidance, are trying to make it in the dance industry." Um. Has MTV seen her dance!? A source said that "It is very early in the development of the show and anything could happen at this point." Shannen's show is a little less ... self-involved. It will feature her "crusading to save hapless individuals from doomed relationships" and will premiere on Oxygen this summer.

Mandy Moore was persuaded into buying a car that runs on recycled soybean oil. But more than helping the environment, what really sold her on the car was that "It smelled like Mongolian barbecue and I was like, 'I'll take it!' I wanted it -- it was so cool! ... I'm waiting for that paparazzi shot of me at McDonald's at the end of the night stealing their French fry oil and siphoning it into my car." So am I.

No comments: