Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Spreading our wings.

We're at last posting on topics outside the very blonde realm of High School Hollywood (Paris, Lindsay, Nicole, Britney, Hilary, Nick Carter, etc.).

We're very sad to post that thirty-six year-old Australian popstar Kylie Minogue has been diagnosed with early breast cancer. I'm sure you've already heard the news. We wish nothing but the best to her as she goes through treatment. She is the second Neighbours cast member-turned-popstar to be diagnosed with cancer. Delta Goodrem, twenty, is in remission and is planning to break into the American radio circuit in the coming year.

The other bit of news isn't quite as dismal. New York's Daily News reports that Zach Braff treated a waitress at Aer a little more than rudely. Braff said to her, "You have beautiful tits."
Her story: "I was dressed as a nurse. ... He tried to give me a DVD and he said, 'Let me put it in your breasts.' I said no, and he was like, 'I'm just kidding.' I think it's gross. ... Mandy Moore was in the other room. He was drunk - he asked for, like, 100 shots. I've been there two months, and no customer has come on like that."

Sadly, Braff's rep couldn't exactly stand up for him: "Zach's said some pretty inappropriate things in the past, but he always 'fesses up to them, and he said he didn't say that. But I wasn't there."

Glad I wasn't there.

No comments: