Sunday, May 21, 2006

... and now The Real Real O.C.

Massive Laguna Beach update.

Lauren Conrad describes to People magazine the differences between Laguna Beach and The Hills: "On Laguna, the girls would fight with their boyfriends ... Now we fight with out bosses. The drama on this show is real problems, like, [am I] going to get fired." She adds that "I'm not very good at paying bills ... I always like, forget, and they just keep adding up." "When [Laguna Beach] ended, it was kind of like, weird, going back to no cameras ... it's sort of normal for me." Apparently, "[Jason Wahler and Lauren are] pretty serious now ... He recently moved into my apartment. We used to go out a lot, but we don't really anymore. We're homebodies -- we watch movies on the couch." Hmm. Does that mean Heidi Montag's out of her apartment? Aww ... And she's still giving Kristin Cavallari the cold shoulder, despite KCav's many peace offerings through the press: "Kristin and I have been to the same events, but we don't necessarily say hi ... She's getting what she wanted [attention]. I don't want to be in [magazines] every week, going to clubs. I just want to be in the fashion industry and I want to find a job that I really like." [Photo courtesy of The Real O.C. boards]

Lauren tells M magazine that "You'll see me...working! I'll be working at a magazine while going to school. There'll be more drama, but it won't be just a rumor being spread about me. Now it will be a big assignment at work and a final exam in the same week." Finally. A glimpse into the academic lives of our favorite beach bums. That will make me college students across the nation feel a helluva lot better. I know I will.

Babyfaced Stephen Colletti reveals that he wasn't always such a stud-muffin: "I was in the sixth grade, and I went to science camp one summer. We were doing science tests at the river, and I walked over to this girl and sat down beside her. I had a banana, and she had two banana peels next to her. I just wanted to talk to her, so my pick-up line was, 'You like bananas, too!' Things were good, but when we got back from the trip, I found out that she had a boyfriend. So she denied me!" Ouch. Science camp!? Explains the socks-with-shorts thing.

Alex Murrel gave M magazine the "scoop" on her new album: "It's all about the cycle of love. 'Best Friend is my first single, and it's about having a guy friend, and then having feelings for him. But you don't want to ruin the friendship. It's not about anyone from Laguna Beach, but it's definitely happened to me before!"

Here's a video of Kristin and a friend having a good time at a Lakers game.

In other news, Ashlee Simpson is a witty little one. Star reports that when her boyfriend Braxton Olita left her to use the men's room at a recent Dodgers game, she found herself bombarded with questions such as, "Why did your sister Jessica dump Nick?" ... "Did she cheat on him?" She called security, who arrived just as Braxton returned with a bag of peanuts. She declined his offer for the savory snack, saying, "No thanks. I've had all the nuts I need for one night!"

Lindsay Lohan can't seem to decide which Greek shipping heir (and Paris Hilton leftover) she wants -- Paris Latsis or Stavros Niarchos. I guess she really wanted her revenge on Hilton, because she was spotted with Nacho Man at New York City's Butter on Monday night, where they openly "kissed and held hands". A spy told The Daily News that "Lindsay went back with him that night to his hotel room ... He was staying at Soho House, but her room was crosstown at the Mercer."

And lastly, hopefully to tie loose strings together, Mischa Barton did an interview with Newsweek, putting rumors to rest. "It was the producers' [idea to kill Marissa off]. But I really think it's best to do movies now. I was also thinking of spending a month in London, living there and taking a course in acting." When the journalist commented that her voice was deeper than it seemed on television, she said, "I have a general transatlantic accent, I suppose. I'm nothing like my character. Are you kidding? I was born in London, raised in New York. She's crazy. I don't understand how anybody could be like her." Uh ... that doesn't even begin to make sense or correlate directly to his comment, but okay. Lastly, she hopes that Marissa won't be coming back in any otherworldly dream sequences: "That would be cheesy ... I was really excited that I get to die, to be honest. I've done pretty much everything else with the character. It was better than one of those lame farewells."

No comments: