Tuesday, May 09, 2006

The tumultuous life of Lindsay Lohan.

Nick Lachey, whose album drops today in the U.S., appears on Access Hollywood and opens up about his marriage/divorce: "I don't think I could ever hate her," he said of Jessica Simpson. "I think it was more of a hate of the situation ... I don't think I could say that I've completely let go, but I think it's a process that you have to go through in this." On whether he's looking to marry again in the future, Lachey said, "For me, a phase was certainly going through that emotion saying, 'I just can't imagine doing this again.' ... But for me, I'm a romantic heart ... I don't want to be a 'serial marrier,' but at the same time, I just can't imagine not being married again." He knocked down rumors of having a steady gal: "My girlie has been my work, which has been a real blessing through this." Yes. There really is no need for him to "open up about his marriage" on TV -- his album is chock full of depressing odes to his former marriage.

Jake Gyllenhaal is, for the time being, dispelling rumors of being gay -- he is now dating Gretchen Bleiler, an Olympic snowboarder. According to Us Weekly heir relationship is serious enough that Bleiler is moving from Colorado to Los Angeles for him. Jakey's people said when asked for comment, "Thank you for inquiring but we do not comment on his personal life." Read: Thank you for not asking us if he's gay or not.

The National Enquirer finally has something nice to say about someone! Too bad it's Lindsay Lohan. It reports that she's heading to Africa to help AIDS and poverty victims for the ONE campaign. The magazine quoted an insider as saying, "Lindsay truly does feel for those who are suffering from AIDS and who are poor -- and genuinely feels she needs to pay something back to the world for the fortunate life she's led ... At the same time, she wants to be taken seriously as a person, and she's well aware of her image as a fluffy party girl. She sees working in Africa as a means to shed her 'naughty girl' reputation." There's always a catch ... [Photo courtesy of ONTD]

When Lindsay appeared on Today, Matt Lauer brought up the Vanity Fair article -- and her dabbling in drugs. LiLo slammed the claims by saying, "I don't believe that was ever brought up. Yeah, everything's fine." Hmm ... are the drugs causing short-term memory loss already?

The paparazzi caught Lohan and model-musician James Burke sharing a moment on Sunday in New York City. People says, "The 20-year-old Burke was most recently linked to Lohan pal Kate Moss, with whom he took a ski vacation in January." Any bets on how long this one will last?

LL's mother Dina is being sued for fraud after signing a music deal with Antonio Almeida for Lindsay in 2002, with which Lindsay cut half an album with Emilio Estefan -- before she signed a deal with Tommy Mottola's Casablanca Records. Oops. I remember when I used to read Lindsay's online journal on her official site -- when she actually updated her official site -- and she boasted about her five or six record deal with Estefan. I guess that all went down the drain when Aaron Carter two-timed on her and Duff and blew her to mega superstardom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember the deal with Lindsay and Emilio, too...I saw an interview of them saying how they weren't going to release her music right away, not until she became really respected for her "film" work. Sell out, no?

hahahaha the funniest thing in this post is hearing Nick Lachey say, "Girlie"! AH ha ha ha ha