Thursday, May 18, 2006

Hollywood Biatches

Sorry for the blip on the updating map last night. It's finals period. So trust me, I feel your pain -- and then some.

Anyway, here are some juicy bits of gossip (Paul McCartney marriage troubles aside. Because I'm not sure we care that much about Paul McCartney, as big a deal as my mom thought it was when she shouted into the phone today that he and Heather were calling it quits) ...

Paris Hilton made an official statement to her favorite whore, Perez Hilton, about the whole calling Lindsay Lohan a "fire crotch" thing: "The only thing I want to underscore is the person making the statements was not Paris Hilton," her PR said. "It is unfair to characterize Brandon [Davis]'s statements as being reflective of Paris' feelings about Lindsay. We're dealing with two different people. It was Brandon who was speaking, of course there are moments when Paris was laughing, but she never said anything. Brandon was speaking for himself not for her. Personally," he adds, "I found the incident unnecessary." [Photo courtesy of ONTD]

But what about Paris' whispering into Brandon's ear, followed by Brandon's belligerence? And her telling him after the whole schpeal that she loved him? (Check out the newest video, where all this and more goes down, here.) "Paris uses her cell phone as a defensive tool. Many times when you see her photographed in a crowd situation, she puts it up to her ear so she doesn't have to speak. In the cacophony and din of screaming, nobody could have had a telephone conversation. Reporters were asking her questions about Lindsay that she did not want to answer, so she put her cell phone up to her ear. Brandon was not speaking for Paris. Period." Um, no. She clearly had someone on the line and wanted that person to hear what was going on. Bitch.

In watching that unfortunate (but hilarious) video -- by the way, Brandon really crossed the line when he called Lindsay poor, I think -- I came across this hilarious Blind Date-style paparazzi vid of Mischa Barton trying to hail a cab in New York City. You know it ain't easy, especially when Mischa can't even get one.

Nicole Richie and Adam Goldberg are off again, or so Star reports.

The Jessica and Nick breakup may be the best thing's that's ever happened to Nick Lachey -- other than having met Jessica, of course. His album debuted at number two on the Billboard charts.

Howard Stern made another greasy man look every greasier when he got John Stamos to spill the beans on his previous relationships. Apparently, he and Denise Richards are "really good friends and when she was going through her divorce, I was there for her." And by there for her, he means, it was "just kind of a fast thing" even though "she was going through a hard time." Nice guy. Heather Locklear? "I met her one time and we got really drunk and she asked me to go up to her room with her. But I was a kid and she was getting me plastered, we were playing quarters and by the end I couldn’t even hit the quarter on the table. So she said why don’t you come up to my room in a few minutes, I’m going to take a shower, and I was like yeah, you know, I’m going to do this. The next thing I remember, I woke up with barf all over my room and security was pounding on the door because I had to get to the show. I was in my own room, I just missed the whole thing!" Um, a kid. I think he was probably in his late twenties ... Teri Hatcher!? "I actually saw her the other night, we were at that Ryan Seacrest thing and she came out and kept trying to kiss me in front of all of the cameras." Oh, poor thing. You are just a tool in a girl's manipulative plot. But really. There were some things I really didn't know. Like the barf part.

SPOILER ALERT
According to a post on Oh No They Didn't!, Mischa Barton has confirmed to Access Hollywood that her character Marissa Cooper will die tonight on The O.C.. However, it seems unclear how the season will ultimately end, as creator Josh Schwartz is said to have filmed five different endings and kept his choice a secret. And lastly, Willa Holland, little sister to the soon-to-be-late Marissa, is joining the cast as a permanent fixture in Newport Beach. Yay, hotter hottie to replace hottie! Even if she is only fifteen.

And to answer my own question: Paris Hilton or Lindsay Lohan. It's a real toughie for me, since I dislike them for very different reasons.

Paris banks on her faux-ditziness and coos in that annoying baby voice; she's the head of the Young Hollywood cheerleading squad and thinks she has a right to be. She is not particularly attractive and not particularly talented. She has the sex appeal of a camel on bad days and a man on good ones. She seems to covet the spotlight and will step over people to stay in it -- including former best friends. It's annoying how overconfident she represents herself to be because under her chiselled features, I'm sure she has a slew of self-esteem issues. Otherwise, she wouldn't be so immature to people she doesn't like. The bottom line, though, is that for everything that she's known for, we really don't know all that much about the real Paris Hilton, and maybe that's why everyone's still so fascinated.

Lindsay, on the other hand, comes across as quite intelligent and surprisingly honest for someone in her circumstances. But for someone so acute, she sure can be dumb -- playing to Young Hollywood's high school game and giving into YH's very own mean girl, Paris. From being shut out and dissed by the likes of Paris and Nicky to sleeping with every other guy in Hollywood, it's pretty apparent that she just really wants everyone to like her. But she can be mean about it too -- she's a fiesty redhead after all, and all these years in the industry have molded her into a defensive little bitch. She namedrops a helluva lot and blurts out what she's not supposed to (can you say Karl Lagerfeld?). It's doubtless that she's talented and has her own brand of ... er, sexiness, though at times she seems a little awkward and childlike.

Damn, I made Lindsay sound better than I wanted her to. Nooo ... don't feel sorry for her! Her mom's a looney!

Er ... I guess ... Team Lindsay? I honestly look at them as two different types of celebrities and am fascinated by the two in very distinct ways. Paris I only really "like" when she displays emotion or does something surprisingly nice or surprisingly human. She's pretty much an ice queen to me on normal days. I "like" Lindsay when she does interviews, because she gets down to business and seems to really think about the questions and give honest answers. And she's pretty eloquent. But she makes far more blunders than Paris does, so she's an easier target. And that doesn't at all make me feel bad for her.

That's all. That was waaaayyy too drawn out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha I actually giggled out loud when you said, "No, don't like her!"...but wow, those were two very incredible, dead on descriptions of Lindsay and Paris. So much thought put into them!