Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Another teen idol grows up.

It's Hilary Duff's 18th birthday. A couple years ago, it was all some guys could hope for. It's hard to believe that little Hilary's eighteen now ... But since then, the most unfortunate thing has happened -- Hilary has turned into a horse.



On a completely unrelated note (aka a slow day in the Pop World), I have discovered a delectable new delight. I've always been a little obsessed with Turkish Delight (ever since my mom read me that bedtime story about the prince or king who had it created for his queen), but have been a little more than turned off by it since buying a chunk of the overly-hard and sweet stuff at Dylan's Candy Bar. I ventured to try it again when I spotted Cadbury's Dairy Milk Turkish at grocery stores here in England.

Yum.

It wasn't overly rose-flavored like the kind I'd gotten at Dylan's. It tasted more like raspberry jelly rolls, the kind covered in a thin layer of chocolate. Really tasty -- and the best part is after the chocolate melts, you can chew on the Turkish delight. So wonderfully delicious.

Right up there next to Kinder Bueno, another non-American brand of chocolate ...

P.S. Let me know if any of you stumble across that children's bedtime story. I think it was titled "Turkish Delight."

No comments: