Friday, September 30, 2005

Hilary Duff, It Girl again?

According to Us Weekly, the rumors are true: Chad Michael Murray and Sophia Bush split because Murray had cheated on Bush and possibly on a number of occasions.

Usher is putting together a benefit concert, titled "Project Restart," to aid the victims of Hurricanes Katrina and Rita. He will headline the tour, and while he hasn't revealed any of the other artists, he has set a date and time: October 9th at Atlanta's Phillips Arena. He is planning to give away free tickets to five thousand hurricane evacuees. Regular concert tickets went on sale today.

Hilary Duff shared some of her eighteenth birthday party memories with MTV:
"I remember thinking when I was such a little girl that 18 was like so old and cool," Hilary Duff reflected Wednesday night. "And now I'm like, it's just normal." Apparently Good Charlotte's Benji Madden, twin brother of Hilary's boyfriend Joel offered her a trip to the tattoo parlor, but as predicted, Hilary turned down the offer. Joel told MTV that the night before Wednesday's bash, he took her out to a really nice restaurant and told her they were going to see The Corpse Bride, but pretended to have lost the tickets. They headed to her house to pick them up, only to find a surprise cake, balloons and presents. Ever the teenager, Duff said that "I've never had a birthday this cool before."

Hilary is also working with Elizabeth Arden to develop a perfume line like so many stars have before her. "I love wearing a beautiful fragrance and don't feel completely dressed without one," Hilary said. "I love to layer my fragrances with perfumes, body gels and dusting powders. I am looking forward to working with Elizabeth Arden's fragrance team to create a product line that is fresh and innovative. A fragrance that everyone will enjoy wearing, including me." The perfume is set to debut in North America next fall.

Hilary can also be seen on the "front pages" of online shopping boutique Shop Bop. I wonder how much she's getting for all of this ...

Funny story of the day: Ryan Cabrera called Talan Torriero of Laguna Beach on behalf of New York City radio station Z100 for its Celebrity Crank Calls segment. Ryan convinced Talan to pose nude for Playgirl magazine. When "the editor-in-chief of Playgirl" asked Talan to bring the idea to Stephen Colletti, also of Laguna Beach, Talan said, "Yeah I can try my best. He's kinda like over the whole like, you know what I mean, like he doesn't want anything to do with Hollywood. I can try my best though, for sure." When the editor pushed on, "Half a million dollars may influence him, don't you think?" Talan responded with, "Yeah, that's what I figured too. Holy shit." Hmm ... and here I thought Stephen wanted to become an actor! Listen here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're so cool! I don't suppose I've truly read through a single thing like this before. So great to find someone with some original thoughts on this subject matter. Really.. thanks for starting this up. This website is something that is required on the internet, someone with a bit of originality!
Also see my web page: get rid of acne overnight

Anonymous said...

I do not know whether it's just me or if everyone else experiencing problems with your blog. It appears as though some of the written text within your content are running off the screen. Can somebody else please comment and let me know if this is happening to them as well? This may be a issue with my internet browser because I've had this happen previously.
Thanks
My webpage http://www.equityreleasedesk.co.uk/