Saturday, October 01, 2005

Laguna talk consumes me whole.

Funny that I've been saving this quote for today, because news broke that the Paris-Paris engagement is off. Rumors have been flying around for weeks, if not months, now that Paris Latsis' parents were not thrilled with his taste, and even Kathy and Rick Hilton were overheard talking about how they didn't think Paris Latsis had anything going for himself. This is what Paris Hilton had to say: "I'm sad to announce that I've called off my engagement. Over the last couple months I've realized that this is the right decision for me. We remain best of friends, and I'll always love him. I hope people will respect my privacy during this emotional time ..." Yeah, right. You'll always love his ass. Okay, so that was a cheap shot. But what can I say -- she was freakin' ready to walk down the aisle with someone whose name was the same as hers!!!

And here was the quote that I was going to post that would've been funny, although it kind of still is ... On the topic of paparazzi, Paris (Hilton) said she was "terrified" of them. She said: "My boyfriend hates it all: he's very low-key and he hates cameras and says the only bad thing about dating me is them."

Yes, the only thing.

More, more, more Laguna Beach news, baby. I don't know how I managed to dish up the goods practically every single day, but there's stuff to dish! So we all know that Jason cheated on Alex M. with Jessica, right? Well -- and I really hate to do this because I think Jessica Smith's a doll, but it really is that juicy -- apparently what really went down was that some of Alex's friends (presumably this Cami chick whose name's been thrown around with the cast's lately) caught Jason and Jessica in Talan's bathroom, someone's mouth to someone's whang. When Alex and Taylor caught wind of this, they rushed to Talan's house, only to be stopped by police on the way. In an e-mail that Pop Sugar received, the dish-er wrote: Instead of playing it cool Taylor throws the fake id she has in her wallet into the back seat. The cops get suspicious and ask her what it was, do a search of the car, find the fake id, interrogate Alex M and get her to admit she has a fake id too. Cuff both of them and take them down to the station where MTV has to bail them out. So in one night Alex M found out that her boyfriend is a cheater and gets arrested.

(By the way, Alex Murrel has posted a demo version of her song "Hello" on her MySpace, and her voice is actually pretty good. So go and check it out if you care to: Alex M.)

The drama does not end when the cameras are turned off. Just as I'd suspected. Screw the fifteen-year-olds who keep asking one other who they think Stephen's going to end up with. Here's a hint, kids: Stephen's life goes on ... he's not dead yet, the "story"'s not over. And he most certainly is not inclined to ending up with either Kristin or Lauren. Especially when he's been hanging out with newly-single Paris Hilton and disease-ridden Trishelle of The Real World: Las Vegas and other unmentionable reality shows:



(Photos courtesy of WireImage.com)



There's another really, really bizarre photo of Stephen and either Dieter or Trey hanging with a bunch of B-list reality tv stars, but I can't seem to find it at the moment ... anyway, rumors have it that there will be a THIRD SEASON of Laguna Beach! Kristin has already said that she will not be back if there is one ... and there has been talk of that Teen Vogue/Lauren "LC" Conrad spin-off, which sounds like a helluva good time to me ... Who knows, though. We'll find out soon enough when the season ends on November 7th.

Lastly, a funny little story about how everyone thought Mandy Moore had checked herself into rehab in Connecticut (of all places!). When Mandy found out, she set the facts straight on her official site: I am so overwhelmed by the absurdity of rumors and how on earth they could possibly get started. It's unbelievable! Earlier this week, I was apprised of a wonderful piece of gossip that I was in rehab... nice! ... I am so saddened that people stretch as far as they do in attempting to spread gossip that, at the end of the day, is just downright hurtful. I know rumors and falsities will continue to exist and it's the world we live in...But c'mon people. If you're gonna spread trash and gossip, there should be a line drawn on issues that you just don't go near!"

We never would've believed that you'd gotten yourself that messed up ... I mean, c'mon. Your boyfriend is Zach Braff.

1 comment:

Lucky Balaraman said...

C/Net News.com Beta: Superficially Interesting, But Shallow
Posted by Stowe Boyd I heard about the new C/Net beta with all sorts of new reliance on bloggish ideas and technology: see Media | News.blog | CNET News.com , for example.

I really like your blog and will come back often.

We have a cad drafting related site ourselves and would very much like you to browse it and see what we have to say about cad drafting.

Thanks, and keep up the great blogging!