Thursday, December 08, 2005

Tittle-Tattle Thursday

By now you've all heard that Nicole Richie and Adam "DJ AM" Goldstein have called off their engagement. Sources gave PerezHilton.com divergent reasons for the split -- one said that he was "fed up with Nicole" and her "issues with her weight ... caused her behavior to be very erratic and moody lately" while another said that "... when the cat's away, the mouse will play. Adam found out that Nicole was 'partying' when he was away, and he does not tolerate that." (Partying, in this context, being cheating.) Whatever the reason, it seems that the split was not mutual as Access Hollywood reports, but a dumping on Adam's part. They've been together for nearly two years.

Very shocked, then very sad. Then very suspicious.

... or could this be another of Paris' evil plans to keep Nicole down? So she can get hitched first? Hmm ... [Photos courtesy of JJB. The marks on Nicole's wrist are a little worrying ...]

Mary-Kate Olsen opens up about Stavros Niarchos (the third) in the January issue of W magazine. She says, "I miss him and I love him and I don't speak with him anymore. It's a hurtful and painful subject. I've pretty much been with someone my whole life, so this is a hard time for me." According to W, MK was actually the one who introduced Stavros to Paris Hilton, although it has been mentioned that Paris and Stavros were family friends. In any case, W's editor goes onto say that "New York was really hectic for Mary-Kate. Lots of paparazzi, lots of gossip reports, lots of school. But in L.A. she has time for herself." Good for her. [Photo courtesy of JJB]

Ashlee Simpson has moved on from her rumored-band boyfriend Ray Brady to ... another band member, Braxton Olita!? Dude! I'm friends with him on MySpace!!! Ha ha ha ... this is kind of cute, although I'm not sure I can say the same about potential progeny. But I can remember the episode of Ashlee when she first met him and thought he was cute. Aww. Aww ... [Photo courtesy of ONTD]

Page Six is reporting that Paris called in to "warn them" (a.k.a. boast) that: "I have so many enemies. There are a lot of jealous people." She knocked down rumors that Stavros and Paris Latsis had a nice chat last week at an L.A. nightclub, saying that, "We had one [tequila] shot. They never had any conversation at all ... They've never dated the same girls . . . Paris is happy for me, and I'm happier than I've ever been." Is she trying to make bad out of good? And does she mean that she's happy for herself ;)? I'm never going to let her live that one down, man ...


Funny Paris Hilton-related story. A man from Cranston, Rhode Island who has put up grandiose Christmas displays over the past twenty years, has decided to make Paris Hilton his central theme this year. This wouldn't be a problem, as he's put up displays featuring Martha Stewart and Princess Diana in the past ... but neighbors are complaining about just how little Paris is wearing in the photographs Mr. Joseph Moretti has chosen for his exhibit. [Photos courtesy of NBC10]

Lindsay Lohan mentioned on TRL the other day that part of the reason she and Wilmer Valderrama split was because he was receiving letters from an ex-girlfriend. People are assuming it's Mandy Moore, but ... this guy's gotten around. Coulda been Jennifer Love Hewitt!

Lastly, a little bit of stale news I wasn't too excited about reporting. Sienna Miller and Leonardo DiCrapio (sorry, that's a little bit of seventh-grade immaturity for you right there) have been seen "cozying up" from New York to L.A. Eh.

The Grammy nods are out. The older I get, the more unfair and ridiculous I think these things are. What are the standards? Why is Mariah Carey a nominee in every other category? And Gwen Stefani and the Black Eyed Peas? I mean, I like their music, but ... are they really worthy of Grammys? What happened to quality music?

No comments: