Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Um, is she crazy?

In an interview with Singapore's Cleo magazine, Hilary Duff says that she's working on a clothing line for fifteen to twenty year olds, which "will be a little more high-fashion." This could be interesting. She also says, on the topic of dealing with her boyfriend (Good Charlotte's Joel Madden)'s female fans, "I get girls who really hate me ... One time I was at one of his shows and there were these crazy punk-looking chicks, and they threw pennies at me during the show. But hey, I don't mind really. One day they will get older and more mature." Ouch?

She says, sadly, that she no longer relates to the character that brought her fame and fortune: "At the time I was filming my TV show Lizzie McGuire, the girl I played was pretty much how I was at that time ... So at the time that role really fit. But it was a long time ago, and I don't relate to it at all anymore. Now, I try to choose characters that don't really remind me of me because, like I said, that's what makes it fun." She talks about her role as health ambassador (okay, I made that up) to her younger fans: "It is important to exercise to feel good about yourself, you know, not just to try and lose weight. In the past two months I have started Pilates, and I haven't seen too much of a difference in my body, but in my mind." Oh really?

On that note, Ashlee Simpson admits in the January 2006 issue of Cosmopolitan magazine that she had a minor eating disorder when she was younger and a professional ballerina. "When I went to ballet school, I was around a lot of girls with eating disorders, and I actually had a minor one myself ... It was about six months of not eating too much at all. I was 11 and 5 feet 2 and about 70 pounds ... My parents stepped in and made me eat. That really helped a lot." She was a tall eleven-year-old!

Lindsay Lohan's Thank Yous are out -- and who is this "JL" she thanks? Jared Leto, perhaps?
JL- are you a beautiful lie or are you my fatal crime? Am I your beautiful lie or are you my beautiful life? I hope the 2 beautiful worlds or lie's and life's collide. With the good karma on my side. Because I know I'm right. Thanks for being a companion through this record ... love you ... and thank you for coming into my life.
[Photo courtesy of celebweb.org]

She can't spell either, but that's "okay." She's got it made.

And Hilary and Lindsay's favorite person ever, Aaron Carter, and his twin sister Angel turn 18 today -- at last. Seems like he should've been eighteen years ago. Or maybe twenty-one, so half the things he does wouldn't be quite so illegal.

And lastly, for those of you who want to experience part of the experience that is Christmas in New York City, have I got the link for you! NBC has live streaming video of Christmas in Rockefeller Center -- tree, ice skaters, taxis, shoppers and ice machine truck man all included!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Glitteratini!
Just wanted to drop a note and say that I absolutely love your blog. I check it everyday to get my fill of the gossip. Thanks for all your detective work in getting to the bottom line! I'm 29 and a closet Laguna fan so it's great getting the 411 from your blog and other news. I like your perspective on things. Your posts are always great reading. Just wanted to say thanks and keep up the great work we're all reading intently =)

Anonymous said...

hey maxine! this is viv from lj, :) i've just been trying to kill time by looking around at peoples profiles on lj when i noticed you had this website listed, so i clicked on it .. what a find! i love your little celebrity blog; it gives me a chance to catch up on ALL MY MISSED CELEBRITY GOSSIP all in one scoop! i love it! i'll definitely have to read more of it when i return home, haha. anyway, just wanted to say hi!

p.s. hilary duff looks SO SKINNY in that photo ..