Thursday, June 26, 2008

All Things American, sort of

Not sure when Demi Lovato became bonafide fodder, but here we are. She told one particular teenybopper magazine that she gets loud and obnoxious (not in so many words) around guys. And journalists, apparently. Ah, to be fifteen and pugnacious – in a completely sugary and pink (or black, since emo is the new bubblegum) way.

3 out of 4 Americans blame Bush. For everything. The economy, the natural disasters, the food recalls (the world is ending, no joke there), the mishandling of disaster zones, probably even for convincing them to vote for him a second time: The LA Times quoted a deeply sorry individual as saying, “I’m what I call middle-class poor ... It seems like [Bush] is not in touch with the American people ... I voted for him both elections, but I wouldn’t vote for him again.” Can’t blame ‘em. What we need is change we can believe in, no? (Is that trademarked? Was I supposed to put a copyright sign above it?)

David Cook and Audrina Patridge at some Glamour magazine party. Not sure what they were doing there, as neither appear to be of Glamour's, what, mid 20s-to-early 30s female demographic ... And not quite the ideal collision between two of my most talked about reality shows, but I’ll take what I can get. Damn, Cook looks like a man who got lucky. Well, he knows that we know he knows he is. Because he did. And you know I would’ve chosen Whitney Port and David Archuleta, though that would’ve been ... awkward at best. Perhaps Lo Bosworth would’ve fit snuggly near-ish DArchuleta’s chin ... or ... upper ear.

[Photo courtesy of Rock It Til You Drop It]

No comments: