Friday, June 20, 2008

The New York Times hits a new low

Are they trying, just to keep up with the Joneses, to appeal to the younger generation? What, and lose the Mid-Atlantic-WASPy tone I imagine every one of their articles is injected with?

Your Money: A Primer for Young People Starting Their First Job
To the employers who are about to put them to work, however, I urge you to take another look at the pile of employee manuals that detail all your fabulous benefits. They’re boring. They’re confusing. And they start in the middle instead of defining things from the beginning ...

Health insurance is expensive. Employers generally pay for some or most of it, but usually not all. You’ll probably pay your share of the cost in at least two ways.

First, your employer will probably take some money out of your paycheck regularly. This is called the premium. Then, there’s something called a deductible, where each year you have to pay at least the first couple of hundred dollars toward many kinds of medical expenses, like prescription drugs or doctor fees or payments to mental health practitioners. Finally, there’s the co-payment, a $15 (or $50 or $100) fee you pay for every doctor visit or prescription.


No shiz, Ron Lieber. I'm not just starting my first job, but even if I were, I'd know all this, what with my $120,000 college degree!

Thnks fr th dvc.

No comments: