Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Playing catch-up

I have been behind, and for that, I truly apologize. I did a lot of reading of random things online today, and I would like to share with you my favorite tidbits:

- How to judge a dude by his food
Offensive? Having graduated from an all-girls college, I think so. But apparently I’m not the only one offended by this “article”. I think judgments made from food choices on dates have been heralded and spread by women. That said, however, this is not a male/female issue. It’s a people issue. If I’m going to judge a man by what he eats, I’m going to judge a female by what she eats just as much. Boring is boring and exotic is exotic. And I guess I never got the memo on turkey ...

- According to The Envelope, Katherine Heigl has pulled out as a nominee for the most Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series Emmy:
“I am truly grateful for the honor that the Academy bestowed upon me last year. I did not feel that I was given the material this season to warrant an Emmy nomination and in an effort to maintain the integrity of the Academy organization, I withdrew my name from contention. In addition, I did not want to potentially take away an opportunity from an actress who was given such materials.”
WOW, does she hate her job that much!? Way to get yourself fired!

- It’s been a scorching hot (or more like sauna hot) week on the East Coast, and NYMag.com has made a call for the best description (to those who don’t know any better) of what summer is truly like in the New York City. Here are some choice responses:
I season my drawers with a healthy dose of gold bond powder before walking out into the world. The best prevention I've found for the dreaded fire swamp. - LEGGOEGGO
I used to sleep in a cami and underwear, with a fan set up at the end of my bed and my feet in the gyno-stirrup position. Inelegant, but effective. - OMAHA
When I was a young professional liing on the fourth floor of a tenement in Astoria (right under the el tracks), I used to spend each and every evening soaking in a bathtub of cool water, a wet towel on my head and a volume of Dickens in my hand, all the windows open and a fan playing a safe distance away from the tub. Then, instead of sheets, I slept on an old bath towel. - ANEWMAN102
What a douche. Who reads Dickens in the tub, on a 100* day anyway? Just keeping a “volume” of his paid-by-the-word novels from falling into the bathwater will work up a sweat. I’d rather sit in a sweltering E train and ride it up and down until I’m ten pounds lighter and dehydrated like only Lindsay Lohan could know.

In other news, Jessica Alba should’ve known better and added an “é” to the end of her baby daughter’s name so at least she can have a good backstory and tell everyone she named her after the biggest fashion block in Paris, after Yves Saint-Laurent’s death. David Archuleta is still invoking the desire to blow belly farts across his tummy, a new line of Archie Pockets, and visions of newborn puppies eating candy and dancing, despite being desperately boring in his first official video blog. David Cook, too, did no better than Joe Schmoe in Joe Schmoe’s Pub in singing the national anthem at last night’s Lakers-Celtics game.
Looks like only time will tell which David really won.

... and last but not least, my practically-daily Lindsay/Ronson update: if they’re not dating, I don’t know why Samantha Ronson, Lindsay Lohan’s roommate (or is this a rumor, despite multiple grocery trips together?), would be paying her daily or near-daily visits on set of Lohan’s new flick, Labor Pains. Both Mark Ronson and Michael Lohan have possibly outed the couple already – what other proof do we really need? None for me, thanks, I’m on Diddy’s yacht cruising with the couple.

[Photo courtesy of GossipGirls.com]

No comments: