Friday, June 13, 2008

The Friday Five: 6/13/08

Things that made me crack up this week:

- According to Mavrix Online, Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt are some savvy minxes: they hit the red carpet of Trent Vanegas’ Pink Is The New Blog relaunch, only to scoot back into their car once they got their money shots – and never attended the actual event!

- Lily Allen’s visit to the United States, and her incredible documentation of it on her MySpace blog. BEST PHOTO OF THE WEEK.

- While watching Nashville Star for the very first time, I realized that Jewel now displays a Southern accent. Since when was Alaska part of the deep South? I know she’s going country now, but even Pennsylvania native Taylor Swift knows better than to put on an affectation like that.

- I know that even Shia LaBeouf hates himself a little more for using offensive slurs (I suppose it could be called that) to get his friend to slap him, but somehow the offensive Shia of yesteryear endears me yet more to him. I suppose, like David Archuleta, Shia LaBeouf can do no wrong in my eyes. And Shia is right – tequila would not have helped. Happy Belated Birthday, dude.

- No one in the United States is eating tomatoes. Silently, Taco Bell, McDonald’s and In N Out weep. And Heinz celebrates.

RIP Tim Russert.

[Photo courtesy of Lily Allen's MySpace]

No comments: