Thursday, January 27, 2005

It's about time.

I'm sorry I missed Ashlee yesterday. But then again, I'm not.

Things have taken quite a turn since the last episode of last season, when I had sunken into the throes of Ashlee Simpson-hood and was damn proud of it. I was sorry to see her go, and convinced it was the last we would see of her in the reality-show setting.

Boy what fathers can convince their daughters to do. And boy, am I sick of seeing Ashlee and hearing about Ashlee and seeing her on stations she doesn't belong -- CNN!? I watched a "sneak peak" of the first episode that aired last night, when Ashlee defended herself yet again on the whole SNL thing. If I were her, I'd just shut up and admit I was wrong. I mean, I doubt she'd lose any more fans ... playing along with the whole incongruous story her father no doubt made up is making her look so much worse. Move on from it, forget about it! People make mistakes, yes, but they move on. As should you, AS.

Anyway, if Ashlee's not going to give her father a kick in the arse, at least Jessica is:
Jessica is taking steps to distance herself professionally from her meddling pop. "Both Nick and Jessica want a family, but Joe's been dead set against it at ths stage of their careers," a friend told Star magazine. "He told Jessica, 'You've got plenty of time before you start tying yourself down.' Nick was outraged that Joe was involved in the discussion of when they should have children - and he told Jessica so." ... Simpson now is looking for someone to handle management of her film career, while Joe will continue to handle her singing duties.

Perhaps Jessica is the smart one in the family afterall ...

No comments: