Saturday, January 15, 2005

My first celebrity sighting!

The other day, I was walking around SoHo trying to find Vivienne Westwood (which doesn't seem to exist, if anyone knows where it is, please share!) and I saw my first celebrity/ies: N.E.R.D.! They were with a huge entourage of hot girls and big body guards and they came out of a fancy sneaker store. Actually, they crawled out from under the gate of the fancy sneaker store, which leads me to think that the store was closed that day specifically for them. Why else would they be HERE on a cold, rainy day instead of in LA or some other warm place?

Anyway, we didn't approach them because that would be SOOO touristy! Ew! Actually I wouldn't even have noticed them if Arthur didn't point them out. I did notice that Pharrell has a nice tattoo going up his neck and the Asian guy is like super short. We didn't see the other guy. But we did semi-stalk them for a few steps until I realized we were walking in the wrong direction.

Unfortunately, the annoyance of not being able to find Vivienne Westwood and also finding out that the Yohji Yamamoto store is really bland totally cancels out the excitement of this first celebrity sighting.

Oh, also when I was in Guess I saw two blondes, one of whom looked incredibly like
Paris. Then she turned to the other blonde and started talking in another language.

Okay, I've been looking through Google images for a decent picture of his tat and I can't find one, so no picture for this post. Although, I am a bit sad because he's much hotter than I thought he was when I saw him.

1 comment:

Maxine said...

Maybe it's because it's been raining torrentially in California for the past three and a half weeks or so.