Tuesday, January 11, 2005

What's happening?

So, my insignificant opinion of 24? It's very suspenseful and thrilling, but it won't keep me as a regular. It is more or less devoid of hot people, save for Debbie (Leighton Meester) and Behrooz' mother (Shohreh Aghdashloo), both of whom are guest stars. I knew I should've started watching when Elisha Cuthbert was still on the show!

I am desperately in search of this Soixante-Neuf (translation: "Sixty-Nine" or, more explicitly, "69") necklace, worn by the ever-lovely (and again, another beautiful and gorgie Aussie) Rose Byrne in an old issue of YM:

(Photo courtesy of rose-byrne.org)

Does anyone know where I can find this particular necklace? Or a store that sells Soixante-Neuf? Or where I can find a necklace extremely similar to it?

I am watching the July 2003 Mandy Moore episode of Diary, and prior to it, I'd taped an episode of ET on MTV. Would you believe that not a year-and-a-half ago we were only talking about Britney and Justin? And how she'd only ever had sex with one guy, and one guy only? (Justin, of course.) How quickly things change.

Also, in that episode, talk of Reese and Ryan (who're they again?), Sarah Jessica Parker, Jen and Brad (scoff), Ashton Kutcher ... Old Hollywood, relative to the featured stars of today. Back then, Lindsay Lohan was "the girl from The Parent Trap", and Paris Hilton was, at best, the sixteen-year-old (forever sixteen and promiscuous on Page Six) who danced atop tables in New York City clubs, if she wasn't just some girl with a funny name.

An interesting quote from Lohan. Not exactly interesting in the real sense of the world, but interesting because it's coming from her. Or maybe not. You be the judge:
"I only recorded two of three songs in the studio. Everything else was done out of the studio. It will be in a car for some next album... or in a bathroom," she added.

Last, but not least, my discovery of the laundry machine as propaganda. I threw in a dish towel stained with beef stew, and upon taking it out of the washer, I noticed that chunks of carrot were still stuck onto the towel. I brought a fingernail to the surface of the mashed-up carrot and scraped it off with ease. Figuring I could easily wash it off with a little soap and a lot of hot water, I ran to the bathroom and did just that.

The washing machine is not doing its job. (Or maybe it's true that we Chinese do laundry best.) It is a waste of water, money, detergent and electricity. Jobs for all at dams, detergent warehouses, banks, water mills all across the United States. Or wherever we're importing our detergent from these days. And the entire state of California, with all its generating mills.

I guess the butt-scratching, beer-burping frat boy knows best afterall: "If it looks and smells clean, it's clean."

No comments: