Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Frankie Says, "Date me, Lauren!"

I watched The Hills last night, immediately after it went online, and I watched it again this evening to make sure I hadn’t missed anything the first time around. I had. And I’m sure I still have.

But general observations: this is going to be one dull season. I think, at this point, maybe Heidi and Spencer are the only ones who want this show to go on. I only saw Stephanie Pratt’s face for three seconds in the season preview, but I’m already sick of her. Why does she look like a toasted marshmallow? (And where the hell did she go when she accompanied her brother on that escapade to win Heidi back in Vegas?! Last we saw her, she was sitting in the car outside the hotel lobby, possibly flirting with the bell boy.)

I’m so sick of Lauren getting so mopey about not being out on the dating scene and then calling out the guy she’s seeing on all the things that make him a guy. Which, apparently, is going to happen to her next victim, Doug Reinhardt as well. Hope she’s not playing the same games on Kyle “Bobby” Howard ...

The only interesting storyline is the one between Audrina and Lo. As bitchy as Lo has always seemed, she does bring a different perspective to the table. And another side out of Audrina. But honestly, how would you respond if someone walked into your lair and started demanding that you reciprocate things that you haven’t necessarily felt she’s done? Lo’s really great at talking, and terrible at listening. And Audrina’s not the most tactful person. Two wrongs don’t make a right ... since we know through living life that the three of them are still, in fact, living under the same roof (so to speak), I’m curious to see how this all adds up. And how the show wraps up. Maybe we’ll get a big “gotcha!” a la Ghostwriter.

It’s 8:13pm and Jason Castro’s Date Night vlog is nowhere to be seen. He promised. He even has the day off!

David Archuleta was not so lucky. He spent his “day off” filming his music video for “Crush” in Atlanta. Can’t wait to see what skinny, tall model they pair him with, seeing as he’s 5’7’’ and all.


[Photo courtesy of Jive? FanBlast? David Archuleta? It’s actually not a courtesy at all, it’s offensive! Looks like they couldn’t afford Photoshop so they went ahead with Paint.]

No comments: