Sunday, August 03, 2008

Hormones and rainbows rampant at TCAs

I've been too busy indulging in my own vices that I haven't been paying much attention to Young Hollywood. As far as I'm aware, the real world has been thus: a crazy man beheaded a sleeping, innocent bystander on a Greyhound bus in Canada, a very dead, very unidentifiable creature was found on the shore of Montauk in Long Island, and the collective New York mentality is to joke about it and move on, because no one is curious enough to figure out what the hell it is. And would rather accept that it is some Hollywood-type of movie promotion hoax. Christina Applegate has been diagnosed with breast cancer, there are rumors that Samantha Ronson and Lindsay Lohan may be tying the knot later this year (guffaw), and the Teen Choice Awards are being taped tonight in Universal City, CA as we speak.

Thusly:

[Photo courtesy of WireImage]

Are they beaming because they are attracted to one another, or is it because they know full and well that they are fulfilling every fangirl's fantasy? (Next to falling head-over-heels over said girl.) Who knows, but it's nice to see that Zac Efron can afford a smile every once in a while, even if not for Vanessa Hudgens.

While we're on the topic of ZEfron, it's been a long while since I have poked fun at how similar I think/thought he and David Archuleta looked. I still think they do, and am surprised the time-space continuum has not imploded, though I realize that since High School Musical was partially filmed at Murray High School, David's high school, this would have already happened. Or perhaps they missed one another by a few months.

DArchuleta posted a new blog yesterday, enthusiastically thanking his fans for their generally positive response to "Crush". Very endearing.
Hey everyone!! So you might know that "Crush" premiered for the first time on Z100 yesterday! I was SOOOO excited/nervous/anxious for everyone to hear it, and I just can't believe that it was on the radio! It was such an unbelievable moment, and it was like... watching a dream pop out of my mind into reality lol. It's just shocking when I step back and just realize what's really happening, and the possibilities that could be coming. It was so good to hear the comments from the few phone calls that came in right after the song played too, and to know that it wasn't just the teens who were able to relate to it haha. I've been looking at comments and listening to some of the messages people leave and I just wanna thank everyone A TON for leaving your comments and knowing that you like the song. It means so incredibly much to me I don't think you have any idea. Thank you thank you thank you thank you! lol. I was nervous about how it might be a song that would only relate to everyone around my age, but I realized EVERYONE has crushes or have had them. haha. But ah! I'm so excited to know you guys like it :).

I'm just here on the bus on our way to the Atlantic City show in New Jersey. So that's what we have for today. Then tomorrow Cook and I are headed to the Teen Choice Awards and will be presenting an award. It'll be pretty crazy doing all the travelling and getting up early and getting back late, but it'll also be a lot of fun! haha. Anyway that's it for now. Thanks so much everyone again for everything!


I punctuate this entry with this unfortunate "magic rainbow":


[Photo courtesy of WireImage]

No comments: