Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Livin' la vida Lohan

Everyone is talking about Anderson Cooper’s “hit” at the Lohan family this morning on Regis and Kelly. I was watching and didn’t think it was that bad – though Kelly Ripa was quite obviously trying to make amends for Anderson, but then again, I didn’t think saying Michael Johns’ hair looked greasy and that he seemed a little grouchy was all that bad either. (To my defense, he probably was not in the best of the moods, as I heard later on that he was feeling under the weather that day.)

Anyway, back to the livin’ Lohans: apparently Anderson Cooper watches trash television just like the rest of us, and apparently he thinks it is just as trashy as the rest of us.

[Courtesy of, I think, Kelly Ripa. She’s so industrious.]

He makes a number of valid points: the rest of the Lohans are “atrocious” namedroppers, and I don’t think anyone can say – with a straight face – that Ali looks a day younger than 33.

On that other, invisible Lohan: my mother asked me today, “I heard Lindsay’s getting ... married!?”
“Yup, so they say.”
“To who?”
Samantha Ronson, her girlfriend.”
“Really? Is she a lesbian?”
[Me, who avoids labels when it comes to these sorts of things:] “I don’t know ...”
“I think she’s a bisexual.”

Okay, mom.

I was present at last night’s American Idol tour stop in Long Island, New York, but will save that for a slower news day.

No comments: