Monday, August 04, 2008

TCA, continued

So while I was perusing the photo agency sites for Teen Choice Awards photos, it came to my attention that the show is ten years old. That means that I was there for the very first awards show, a freshly-minted teen. That means that it should be kind of strange that I am still familiar with more than half of the TCA attendees. Did I watch last year? I can’t remember. The last TCA I remember clearly is the 2003 show, though I’m more than positive that I’ve watched since.

So I’m old. Moving on.

One Tree Hill’s Chad Michael Murray attended last night’s teen shin-dig with his fiancé, Kenzie Dalton. It’s good to see that he hasn’t cheated on her yet, or at the very least hasn’t been caught doing it. At least he’s learned a lesson or two since Sophia Bush. But with her current hairstyle, it has become blaringly apparent that she is a practical clone of Kate Bosworth, am I right or am I right?

Protruding bones aside, Kate Bosworth wins.

Shia LaBeouf, broken hand and all, was either a no-show or avoided photogs and cameras completely.

Lauren Conrad seemed utterly out of place at the awards show, not only in age but in dress. She wore a long, seemingly batik-inspired strapless gown that she herself designed. And she asks why her line didn’t sell? The dress isn’t bad, it’s just ill-fitting for this sort of young and hip event. Well, whatever.

She’s rumored to be seeing My Boys (anything for a My Boys shoutout!) cast member Kyle Howard, who is not only 8 years her senior, but probably not nearly tall enough for her. You might remember him from Disney Channel’s The Paper Brigade -- I know I do. As much as I think Lauren looks like a man, I think she could do better, looks-wise. Good luck with that.

[Photos courtesy of Just Jared and Yahoo!]

No comments: