Wednesday, November 09, 2005

I'm getting antsy.

... it's cold enough, it's dark enough -- I think I'm deciding that it's close enough. I'm breaking out my Christmas albums. Sipping overly sweet mint hot chocolate and listening to Christina Aguilera's My Kind of Christmas (for the very first time ever), so don't mind me if I'm not as cynical and cruel as I can be.

Backstreet Boy Nick Carter called Los Angeles' KIIS-FM from Barcelona, Spain yesterday morning to clear up the rumors about one-step-from-drag-queen Bai Ling. He responded with a firm and quick, "Hell no," when asked about the engagement rumors. He chuckled when Ryan Seacrest congratulated him for having "made out" with Ling, but maintained that "I've met her a couple times and we've talked as friends ..." Apparently, friends and family called Nick, upset about having found out about his wedding through the grapevine. "We are just friends and I'm dating, but would love to meet a great girl that has her life in order and understands my career goals," he said conclusively. [Not sure where I got the photo from, but apparently I've had it on my computer for at least a month.]

Since we're on the subject: I know eighty percent of you will not give a rat's ass about this next bit, but I am annoyed and had to rant. I was in a bit of a nostalgic mood last night and began scouring MTV.com for late-90s pop sensations, particularly the one-hit wonders such as Amanda and Mikaila. Anyway, I wound up checking to see whether they'd updated the Backstreet Boys' profile. They had. Skimming it, I found a blatant error: The group released its Christmas Album before the end of the year, by which time Millennium was well on its way to sales of 12 million copies in the U.S. alone. JIVE Records itself provided this biography -- and obviously got its two money trees mixed up. It was *N Sync who released a Christmas album, not the Backstreet Boys. And in 1998, not 1999. Do your research, man!

Just when new photos of Sienna Miller and Jude Law have been surfacing again, Law's ex-wife Sadie Frost told the media: "My relationship with Jude is the first priority for me. I'm spending all my time with Jude - I can't do anything else. It's important that we find each other, important for the children and me." Hey Jude. Stop being a dog.

Paris Hilton got in a bit of a scrape last night when she left L.A. club Element at 2:30am with boy-toy Stavros, Kimberly Stewart and Laguna Beach's Talan Torriero. (This is too strange a combination for me to even comprehend, so I'm not going to try to.) Stavros was driving when he scraped the hood of the Bentley against a parked truck, then proceeded (it is said) to lightly hit an innocent bystander. Police pulled the freak show over, and Talan was overheard telling the police, "I'm the only sober one, let's just go." With that, Paris blew a kiss to enforcement and said, "We love the police." [Photo courtesy of Perez Hilton]

Not even gonna go there. But if you wish to watch a clip of the initial scratching of said car, click here.

Those bruises Paris has been sporting on her arms of late? "She's very slender and can bruise easily ... And that's what happens when too many people are coming at her and bodyguards are trying to move her around," Elliot Mintz (her pub?) told The New York Post. These particular bruises, he says, were caused by "frenzied fan overreaction" in a recent trip to Las Vegas. So ... you know what I have to say already, don't you?

MSNBC is reporting that Lindsay Lohan is absolutely smitten with Jared Leto and has told a friend that "it would be great to run away, get married barefoot on the beach and shock everybody.” A friend added that “Lindsay says she has met the man of her dreams,” and that Leto is the one who's helped her to eat right and gain some weight back. Lohan becomes obsessively smitten with pretty much everyone she dates. I wonder what she's going to do with that tat she got of his "signature." Celebrities never learn.

My mom's favorite, Enrique Iglesias, is out to make a quick buck selling ... his own line of small-size condoms: “The next product I’m going to put my name on is extra-small condoms. I can never find extra-small condoms and I know it’s really embarrassing for people.”

O-kay.

No comments: