Friday, November 18, 2005

Random Hookup Week

So the "details" are in ...

Talan Torriero's rep says Talan's been dating Kimberly Stewart for two months, while Us Weekly reports that they've been at it for one week. Us goes onto say that they'd planned to fly to Vegas and marry immediately, but "got cold feet." [Photo courtesy of celebweb.org. Oh, don't look so glum, Talan. She's got a rich and famous daddy!]

People quotes one of Talan's friends as saying, "He told me he really likes her and they're having a good time." Was that day two or day thirteen of the relationship? Because if that was day thirteen, I'd be a little concerned.

Page Six reports that "Talan's mother is hysterically crying. She is not happy ... They are getting their paperwork together to get married in Vegas this weekend. They want to do it right away."

Talan got Kimberly a five-carat diamond ring, which Kimberly is quick to say is "[a]lmost too big." Well, hopefully it's real, and hopefully she didn't have to buy it for herself.

As devoted as a fan of Laguna Beach as I am, I was a little appalled to find headlines such as "Laguna's Talan Torriero to wed Rod Stewart's daughter." Since when was Talan more famous than Kimberly Stewart!? It's just all a little too weird. This has publicity stunt written all over it.


And a little bit of side news for Laguna fans -- it's official, Jessica Smith and Dieter Schmitz are back together! Or are at least hooking up ... [Photo courtesy of The Real O.C. boards]

Speaking of hookups, it seems as if Nicky Hilton has been getting her fair share from Mischa Barton's ex, Brandon Davis. According to Softpedia, the two were seen kissing at the Victoria's Secret fashion show the other night. Even though he's reportedly dating a new girl named Pamela, and Nicky's still with Kevin Connolly. Who knows ...

And contrary to what I said last night, it seems as if Paris Hilton and Stavros Niarchos have not broken up. Turns out that it was Stravos' double who started the pillow fight afterall. Bummer.

New York's Daily News is reporting that Aaron Carter is trying to get out of his contract with the scary mogul Lou Pearlman before he turns eighteen next month, despite the fact that he's only completed one of the five-album deal. Ole Louie denied the rumor, saying, "Other people try to go after him like they would try to do with any artist ... We have a great relationship that started when he was 7 years old." Seeing how Michael Jackson has become the Pariah of the Year, I wouldn't have added that last bit.


According to an interview that Ashlee Simpson did prior to one of her shows, a man standing in line behind her at the Toronto McDonald's called her gross, then asked for a picture when Ashlee turned around. She admitted that she did some things that were not so savoury, but reasoned that everyone does stupid things sometimes. Right click to download the full interview. [Photo courtesy of ashleemedia.net]

Life and Style Weekly says that Jessica Simpson wanted to throw Nick a wondiferous birthday party, but he told her to "Do what you want, but leave me out of it." Jessica took heed, but decided to throw a smaller party for him instead. Apparently it didn't go so well -- a friend told the magazine that "Nick's in a bind. How can you divorce a woman who won't acknowledge there's a problem?"

Maybe there isn't a problem!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Maxine. Very nice blog :0) I just got inside from washing and waxing my truck. It is my baby. Took me 2 hours though. So I settled down into my basement and started doing some web surfing. Anyways I am in the process of grabbing my masters degree and have spent the last 6 months researching free weight loss diet. In the midst of my surfing I landed smack dab in the middle of your blog. I hope you do not think I am intruding but I must say it is great blog. Even though Random Hookup Week is way off base from free weight loss diet I found myself cruising through your blog archives for the last half hour :0) You have some nice blogging friends. Anyways, I need to get back to my mission. I wrote don’t your url and feel free to visit me here at free weight loss diet. I am so busy so I can only update my site monthly. Keep up the great work.