Monday, January 16, 2006

Golden Globes 2006


[Photo courtesy of Getty Images. The very first one. I hope there are better ones later.]

Breaking News: Keira Knightley looks gorgeous on the red carpet tonight. More so than usual, because lately I've been finding her just a smidgen irritating. But she is back in favor over here.

Hell, I'm just going to go ahead and show everyone that these award shows are rigged (or that I'm psychic). Mind you I haven't seen a single one of these films:

BEST SCREENPLAY - MOTION PICTURE
Munich

SUPPORTING ACTRESS - Motion Picture Drama
Rachel Weisz

SUPPORTING ACTOR - Motion Picture Drama
(I saw a photo of him with his statuette already, so) George Clooney

BEST ACTRESS - Motion Picture Comedy or Musical
Reese Witherspoon

BEST ACTOR - Motion Picture Comedy or Musical
Joaquin Phoenix

BEST ACTRESS - Motion Picture Drama
Felicity Huffman

BEST ACTOR - Motion Picture Drama
Toughie. I can't decide between the two Aussies. But probably Heath.

BEST DIRECTOR
Ang Lee, although I can also envision Fernando Meirelles winning it.

BEST FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM
erm ... Tsotsi ... or Paradise Side

BEST PICTURE - MUSICAL OR COMEDY
Walk the Line

BEST PICTURE - DRAMA
Brokeback Mountain

Who are you guys betting on?

No comments: