Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Let's play catch up.

Alright, so I'm going to devote this post to catching up.

According to Dina Lohan, Lindsay is on meds to get her un-addicted to smoking. According to Dina, "Lindsay smokes under a pack a day. She's addicted ... The doctor put her on an anti-smoking pill. God willing, it will work within a month." She adds, "Lindsay's on Advair (asthma medication). She can't be around dogs and cats and certain foods ... And when you're 19, you don't deal with that. I'm her mother and I tell her, 'You have to stick to it.'" Stick to it she will, since she recently got a tattoo on her wrist. that reads "BREATHE". A friend says, somewhat humorously, "It obviously has a double meaning ... It's about the asthma attack, but also a reminder to just slow down and enjoy life." It'll come in handy when she has love babies too.

... Speaking of which, after I last reported that LL was seen in the lap of Sean Lennon, reports have come out saying that it was a date. Which for Sean would be a good thing, because he recently moaned, "I'm completely alone and I'm completely miserable." Poor thing. Although, I've heard that new photos of her and Jared Leto have surfaced?

Meryl Streep offered to become Lindsay Lohan's mentor (for/on what!?) after the two worked together on A Prairie Home Companion. But not only do Lindsay's friends say she's too starstruck by Streep, but they say she's also misplaced the Oscar-winning actress' number and is too afraid to ask for it again. And it doesn't hurt that one of Streep's daughters is the same age as Lindsay and "made a big impression on Lindsay by treating her like the teenager she is and not a starlet". Oh well, big whoop. If LL came my way, I'd probably treat her like the teenager she is and steer clear. [Although ... Lindsay's lookin' really cute these days with her current hair color and her healthier weight. Too bad she'll be moving onto another hair color in no time ... Photo courtesy of ONTD]

Apparently Memoirs of a Geisha won't be playing in China -- at least not now. Why? People are pissed that three of the leading characters are played by Chinese actresses instead of Japanese ones. That's kind of silly, doncha think? A little offensive, yes, but think of all the money and glamour the stars will bring home, baby.

The Spice Girls are planning a new single and a tour -- yes, all five of them. Well, the ever-troublesome Geri Halliwell's pregnant at the moment, so she can't actually rehearse anything, but "she has been planning new outfits for the girls and new ideas for the show." Let's just hope she doesn't jump ship again because her baby's too cute or whatever.

Charlotte Church is rumored to be guest-starring in a future episode of The O.C. because she has entranced the poor creator, Josh Schwartz. Not only that, but Catherine Zeta-Jones is mesmerized too and has become fast friends with the dramatic chick. What would she play on The O.C.? The sole overweight, ugly Brit?

Another horror story: Tom Cruise reportedly gave his darling Kat[i]e a "DVD compendium of every movie he has acted in" for her 27th birthday. A source told The Daily Express that "Each was inscribed with a special handwritten love message to the future mother of his child." If I ever were to use the phrase "I think I just vomited a little in my mouth," oh, it'd be now.

P.S. I'm loving the comments you guys are leaving. I guess I hadn't seen the worst of the incriminating photos of Mariah when I wrote it, because when I saw them later, I had to agree. Yum, sausage!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can i just tell you that i'm thrilled you are back from your vacation!!! I was going nuts at work because i didn't have any glitteratini gossip at work to read...Love your posts!!! :)

Anonymous said...

omg that tom cruise story...that's the most egotistical thing i've ever heard. ever.

Anonymous said...

why is tom soooo creepy? has he always been this way and i just thought he was normal? no wonder nicole said bye bye! Happy new year to you!

Anonymous said...

Ew. It makes me shiver and pissed that such a phenom. actress such as Meryl Streep would want to help out Lindsay. Doesn't LL get enough star treatment already?! How do people like this become famous....&&& I bet she just wants to date sean lennon because of who his father was---"peace and love, Lindsay",,,,GAG!