Monday, March 13, 2006

Let's Go!

Celebrity Living magazine is the next to feature Kristin Cavallari and Jessica Simpson on its cover. Apparently the magazine has all the dish --"Exclusive interview with Kristin: 'Nick's hot!'", "It's SERIOUS! She's already met his MOM!", "ALL their sexy dates revealed!" Whatevs.

More details on the Blender article. Here's most of it:
You went from junior year of high school to be a celebreality star. Have you had a pinch-me moment?
I've had a lot of them. The first was when I got the cover of Seventeen. And a couple of weeks ago I was on Letterman. Everyone was warning me, "He might be mean to you." And I was so nervous, like, my mind was completely blank.

We're already tearing up. Do you cry in every episode [of Get This Party Started]?
Pretty much. I mean, I cry easily. I cried in King Kong, when they killed Kong.

What kind of music do you like?
I just love Gwen Stefani. But I also like the Rolling Stones and the Eagles too.

You're in a Teddy Geiger video --
Oh, right, he's another musician I absolutely love.

Yeah, sure.
I swear! I'm not just saying that because I was in his video!

In the video, you pick the sensitive, outcast musician over the hunky, popular jock. Would you make the same choice in real life?
I would pick the musician. I swear to God! I'm not just saying that! I've never been attracted to jocks -- musicians are more down to earth; they just have more to talk about.

You and Teddy make out underwater in the video. That's a nice way to make a living.
It's a lot harder than it looks. I kept getting water up my nose, and then I'd spit water into Teddy's mouth. We had to do at least 20 takes. It was a lot of kissing. We were in the pool for, like, two hours. I had the best time.

In the pool scene, you're wearing a bikini, on Laguna Beach, there are lot of scenes of you wearing a bikini. Did MTV producers every say, "Hey Kristin, maybe you could wear a bikini in this next scene"?
I'll tell you this: No one's life is that interesting. And I don't think it was portrayed accurately at all.

How come we never saw you --
Studying or anything? I know, good question. Would you want to watch me studying? Probably not.

Ok, then for the record: Did you ever study?
Yeah. I did, like, really well in high school. I got a 3.6 GPA.

Which was the toughest episode of Laguna Beach for you to watch?
Seeing my boyfriend Stephen lying to me and cheating on me with Lauren, that was the hardest. He got a few phone calls from me after I saw it. [Laughs] There are certain other things you don't want on national television, like me on spring break in Cabo, dancing on the bar. All of my friends were up there on the bar with me, but of course MTV made it seem like I was the only one up there.

In the first episode, Stephen says you're a "good girl to hook up with" but that Lauren would make a better girlfriend. That must've been hard to watch.
Yeah. But at the same time, he ended up with me, so something went right.

Now that Lauren has her own reality show on MTV, would you appear on it?
Probably not. I'm moving on. I want to segue into acting.

Plus you really hate that little bitch, right?
I don't hate her. I don't hate her. I don't hate her. We're just completely different. I'm very loud and I speak my mind.

What do people who don't like you say about you?
That I'm a bitch. I seemed like a bitch on Laguna Beach, so that's a completely understandable opinion.

Are you a little bit of a bitch?
Ok, here's the thing. People think I'm a bitch because I'm very honest, brutally honest. I'll tell you what's on my mind. But no, I think I'm a very nice person. Unless you do something to me.

Ok. We won't. What's the question you're most tired of being asked?
There are a couple: "Is Laguna Beach real?" "Do you really hate Lauren?" And "Did Stephen and you really date?" Some people think we're 25-year-old actors who don't live in Laguna. Some don't even think Kristin's my real name. I'm like, "No, that's real."

If we drug-tested you, what would we find?
Just alcohol. Nothing else. I swear to God. Even if I wanted to do drugs, I've been working so much that I couldn't.

You've never smoked marijuana?
No. [Laughs]

Hmm. That laugh doesn't seem very convincing. Plus, you told Teen People that you've tried cocaine.
Yeah, I tried it in Laguna. I know a lot of people who do it, but it's not for me. It's fun for 20 minutes, but the kind of people who do it are shady. They lie a lot, they're always on guard like they're trying to hide something. They have to lie about doing coke so they'll lie about doing other stuff. Lying's my No. 1 thing -- I hate that.

Don't lie: who do you have a crush on?
Johnny Depp! Maybe I'll go stalk him in Paris. He's an amazing actor, and that's really sexy.

Maybe you could be in the next Pirates of the Caribbean sequel.
I would do it in a heartbeat. I'm sure they'd put me in a bikini somehow.

It looks like Talan Torriero's fifteen minutes ran out quite a while ago, but he's trying to keep the momentum going by making mall appearances. He did an interview with Charlestown's Saturday Gazette-Mail, to accompany a visit to a Charlestown Teen Day event this past weekend:
His grandmother is a former opera singer, and his model was once a model. "I was just always around it, so I asked to be in it ... My first job was a Yahoo national commercial when I was 9 years old.”
On being cast for Laguna Beach, he said, “They asked mainly about your likes and dislikes ... It helped them narrow down groups of friends. They wanted to make sure they didn’t have personalities that were too similar ... They were looking for characters. You can’t have two of the same type.”

And on filming, “I would tell them what I was doing, and we would set up a schedule. At first it was hard, but after two years, you get used to it.”

What is he up to these days? “My daily schedule consists of acting classes, auditions when I’m not filming and the studio at night."


[Photo courtesy of Jessica's blog]

Jessica Smith, in working closely with Let's Go, has boarded a plane to Europe for her very first Eurotrip. She has a blog at Blogger, in fact, that you can check to keep up with her travels. Here's an exerpt:
Hey everyone, so I just got to Europe a few hours ago, we landed at about 1-ish (London Time) and the flight was soo long. 10 hours. I slept a little but it was a little hard considering there were four girls behind me talking SOO loud about how they talked to nick lachey. I thought it was funny at first, but after about 3 hours, it got old... haha.

Jessica's so funny -- which girls haven't spoken to Nick Lachey!?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GRRR WHY WOULD ANYONE EVEN TRY COKE??? TELL ME THAT! IT COULD KILL YOU THE FIRST TIME YOU TRY IT! RETARDS! ALL RETARDS!

Anonymous said...

"i did, like, really well in high school." that made me lol! i can just picture kristen saying that, smacking her gum.
thanks for that interview, i've never seen that!