Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Rising steadily towards the top of my hit list

Keira Knightley's ex-boyfriend, model Jamie Dornan admitted that he didn't feel so comfortable in the relationship because of her star status: "There is a big pressure when you go out with someone such as Keira ... The man is meant to be the alpha in the relationship on the money and power front and clearly I was not. You feel like you have to be dominant in other areas and that causes problems ... Keira could see what I was going through. She was the one who finally said, 'OK, that's it, I've had enough.'" I'm not so sure that the man is meant to be the alpha, especially if he's anything like Jamie -- and wow, Keira was so understanding.

So this is cute ... someone who isn't helping to perpetuate eating disorders -- Heidi Klum isn't afraid to chomp on her Big Macs! She said that she developed an "addiction" to them as a child and went to extremes to get some: "McDonald's is everywhere in the US, but not in the town where I'm from in Germany ... We had to drive to the next city to get it. It was a huge deal to go! I love that weird sauce with the pickle things in it."

Lindsay Lohan couldn't do her interview with Seventeen magazine because she landed in the hospital for an asthma attack. So she decided to cancel it -- and let mom step in and do the talking. Here are some of the juicier (read: absolutely unworthy of being a mother) bits:

17: But it seems like Lindsay is
always out ...
Dina Lohan: She loves to dance, so what is she going to do? Sit in her room and do that? She wants to go where her friends and peers are. And believe me, all the other girls her age in Hollywood are at the same place. [The media] just doesn't care about them at the moment.


Ouch.

They care about Lindsay because she is talented, but this [business] is a nasty game, and I didn't learn that until Lindsay's star started rising past another star, whom I won't mention. But when that girl's mother went out and got two publicists ... the whole [Lindsay's a] party girl thing came from somewhere. That other star was dating a person twice her age when Lindsay and [her former boyfriend] Wilmer Valderrama were closer in age.

Oh good. Keep the Hilary-Lindsay ball rolling, take it to another level. I wonder who'd win in a Susan Duff-Dina Lohan fight. Susan's ... meaty.

17: Is it true that Lindsay is dating Sean Lennon?
DL: It's a new relationship. They're really, really good friends. He's the sweetest kid.


That, in Lohan world, is a resounding yes. Or a resounding let's-make-them-talk-after-all-it's-publicity.

Other amusing quotes:

"Did you listen to your mother at 19?"

"My child is not perfect. I am not perfect. And if you tell me you're perfect, you're a liar. I want Lindsay to fail -- kids need failure to have success."

Oh, shove it. You're starting to sound like the Trumpster. YOU. Youuuuuu..

"... she doesn't want big directors to get the wrong idea about her fame and her goals. That's what really hurts her. She has to do these indie films and bust her a** and act like she can act, and that will defuse it."

Wait, so you're saying she can't act?

"This is the s*** we have to deal with."

Out of context, I know, but ... gawd, don't forget who your audience is! Isn't that one of the cardinal rules of acting? You're talking to Seventeen magazine.

Dina Lohan makes my blood boil.

[Photo courtesy of View Images]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

errrgggg!! Dina..what a money grubbing, attention starved, immature biittchh! I can't believe she said those things! "This is the shit we have to deal with"...Oh really, I know man..because you have it sooo hard. Boo hoo.

I'm donating money towards that hit of yours.