Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Pregnant 90s Pop Stars

The big shocker today is that Christopher Reeve's widow Dana has died of lung cancer at the tender age of forty-four. She is survived by a thirteen-year-old son and two grown stepchildren. I really hope her son will be okay; he's at a very vulnerable age for all of this to be happening ...

Jessica Simpson has gone a little berserk -- not so much in the fact that she believes that with all the rumors, "everybody's always out to get her," but mostly in the fact that she'd be stupid enough to admit this to the media. "It's so cruel and I try not to let it affect me, whatever everybody was thinking about me. If I did, I don't think I'd be here now ... I can't save anything from being talked about because then it becomes this game, and it's not a fun game. I feel like everybody's always out to get me, and that's a weird feeling." Pregnancy rumors rage on.

Similarly, Star magazine is reporting that Britney Spears and Kevin Federline have announced to friends that they are indeed pregnant with their second child. Federline, 27, also delivered the bombshell baby news to a friend, who told Star: "Kevin said, 'Britney's pregnant again,' and when I expressed surprise he said, 'Yeah, it shocked the sh-- out of me too.'" Yayyy. [Photo courtesy of lime-light.org]

Jake Gyllenhaal's quickly becoming Lindsay Lohan's male counterpart. Rumor has it that, just after having had a massive crush on Zhang Ziyi a couple weeks ago and exchanging numbers with Mischa Barton shortly thereafter, he's moved onto none other than Keira Knightley (who is rumored to be seeing Rupert Friend). According to The New York Post, he was seen "getting cozy" with her in the days leading up to the Academy Awards. A Post spy said that "They were at Soho House two nights in a row together and definitely looked like a couple."

The Insider says that Lindsay Lohan expects an Oscar nomination in the near future: "I cannot wait until next year for my Oscar campaign ... I am so excited." For what great piece of work -- A Prairie Home Companion? Or Just My Luck? Although there's a chance she may have done a good job in Bobby, I think I may have a hernia if she is nominated.

The Academy Awards goody bags rang in at an estimated worth of $100,000 each. The good news for us nobodies is that they are now included in the stars' taxable income. I wonder how many of them will start giving the bags away to "charitable causes."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

if lindsay lohan wins an oscar i will never have respect for them ever again. EVER! and i might shoot myself.