Monday, February 27, 2006

Hottie, meet Fugly

Okay, not much by way of interesting news today.

Just that Paris Hilton did indeed get cast as Mother Theresa. Paris gushed (maybe), "It's such an honour. I'm so excited. I really want to learn more about this amazing woman, so that's what I'm doing in a few months." The director, T. Rajeevnath said, "The preliminary script has been readied. And the proceeds of the film would go to the Missionaries of Charity. By June this year, the groundwork for the film would be complete and I propose to begin shooting in West Bengal and several foreign countries in early 2007." Maybe he has a point. Casting Paris would make a lot of money for the Missionaries of Charity. I kind of like the way this man thinks ... but I'm still not going to see it.

Reese Witherspoon has officially beat Julia Roberts at this Hollywood game. She is now the highest paid actress of all time. Reese will earn $29 million for an upcoming horror film (Our Family Trouble), whereas Julia was paid a measly $24 million for Mona Lisa Smile (cringe. Bonus points if you know why I'm double-cringing).

And this one makes me want to cry, almost as much as the Paris-as-Mother Theresa story. Hottie McTottie Jesse Metcalfe recently met Irish singer Nadine Coyle of girl group Girls Aloud in Australia -- and they supposedly hit it off. According to an onlooker, "Fans were going up to Jesse and Nadine asking for photos and autographs of the pair of them ... Although they were accommodating, it was obvious they only had eyes for each other. They looked absolutely smitten." Nooooo. First of all, she's a butterface. (That makes two-fifths of the group f-u-g-l-y in my book, but then there's Nicola ... who everyone seems to hate. Poor girl.) Second of all -- she's my age. Miguel, fantasy of my eighth-grade self, what are you doing!? You could have so much better ... [Photo courtesy of GirlsAloud.net]

No comments: