Monday, October 03, 2005

Movin' on

Happy 21st birthday to Ashlee Simpson! God, I don't want to hear about how drunk she gets tonight ...

Paris Hilton is speaking out (again) about her broken engagement to Paris Latsis: "I feel I'm just not ready for marriage ... I have seen the breakups between people who love each other and rush into getting married too quickly and I do not want to make that mistake ... I'm still young and have a very active career that I'm not prepared to give up. I've worked very hard to get to where I am. Paris is a great guy and we will handle this with dignity and respect ... I love Paris. He is my best friend and it will be that way forever. This man treated me as no man ever has. We will also be business partners and have movies in the works."

I wonder what's in it for her -- she's never seemed to be one to take a blow quietly ...

A motivational speaker from Mississippi who housed Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie for The Simple Life distinguished the two by saying: "They were fun. Paris is very laid back. Nicole is more on the edge: I kept threatening to tape her mouth shut, though. I thought, 'My sweet mother in Mississippi is not going to be able to take this.'" And here I thought Paris was just dumb.

Fantasia Barrino of American Idol told 20/20 that she's "functionally illiterate" while promoting her memoir. Anyone find that a tad ironic? She said, "You're illiterate to just about everything. You don't want to misspell ... So that, for me, kept me in a box and I didn't, wouldn't come out." She told 20/20 that the worst part was not being able to read to her four-year-old daughter, but is now working with tutors.

And Michelle Williams (probably best known for her work as "Jen" on Dawson's Creek) is about to pop Heath Ledger's baby out. Any day now. NY Post's Page Six revealed that they've moved into a $2 million brownstone in Boerum Hill, Brooklyn. I don't really care, but I thought Michelle looked good ... she's got that glow:


(Photo courtesy of Page Six and, obviously, WireImage)