Sunday, July 13, 2008

All About Archuleta

Our little cute one, David Archuleta, was on vocal rest leading up to the show in Seattle last night, but thanks to his varied and crazy fans everywhere, we had plenty of video to hold us over (until Monday, when he appears again on My Fox Utah!). I was particularly creeped out by a video where he was apparently asked about his favorite Bible verse ... not because it’s necessarily a strange question to ask, but more so because he (and the other Idols) were asked to sign The Holy Bible. Doesn’t the Bible advise not to idolize humans? And I’m not particularly religious, but doesn’t have an idol (or Idol, even) sign a copy of The Bible seem particularly sacrilegious? If this doesn’t make you cringe, you can watch David browse the fan’s Precious Moments copy for his favorite verse:

[Courtesy of “jgcrz”]

Well, for the record, DArchuleta’s favorite verse is Psalms 101 because “it’s about singing”, but he thinks all of The Psalms is great. I never mix religion with politics, pop culture, or alcohol. Unless, of course, we’re talking about Mitt Romney.

An interview with San Diego Union Tribune was posted in two parts on YouTube earlier this weekend. The most interesting part of the interview was his response to being harassed by “older women”:
I guess it’s kinda weird because I am seventeen and I don’t think they do that to other seventeen-year-olds, but I don’t think it happens too many times. It happens like once every blue moon, really. It’s not like they do it too often.

He let out a manly chuckle/”Oh my gosh” when told that he was spotted in a TV Guide list of cutest kids and “all the other kids were, like, babies and stuff”: That’s weird. I don’t know why ... I mean, I don’t know kids younger than me people wouldn’t treat like ... I guess I don’t seem like a teenager.

Though it was obvious that he’d written it well in advance, his newest blog post did not go up until today. He feels “lame” for “only blogging by typing”, but he’s been having tech issues. Here’s a tip, Archuleta: team up with your new bff Jason Castro and become Miley and Mandy, v3! That would keep me sufficiently amused for a while, even if both of you are relatively laid back. DArchuleta also filled us in on what he and Castro did on their day off: “Jason and I just wandered around downtown haha. We went to the mall, the farmer's market, that huge Powell's bookstore, and took the streetcars to 23rd street to eat. Portland's a great city, and it's been nice weather too haha.” Ah, so young. So girly haha.

The presales of his yet unfinished (nevertheless unnamed) album hit an all-time high of #4 on Amazon.com over the weekend, and settled at #5 earlier today. He was shocked to hear this when a fan relayed the information, “Nuh UH!”

Uh HUH! Believe it, little guy. You’re higher on Granny’s shopping list than a new hip.

No comments: