Wednesday, July 02, 2008

American Idol Song Roster

Still no word from Jason Castro on how he thought opening night of the American Idol tour went, but everyone else has had things to say. I’ve never been to an American Idol concert and never plan on going again after this year, but apparently the format has changed dramatically this year – rather than many group numbers or even duets between finalists, the concert is made up of ten different sets, with a group number featuring finalists ten through six, and a nightcap of a final performance number by the whole gang. The entire shebang rounded out to just over three hours, including the intermission.

Song "Spoilers":
Chikezie Eze: “I Believe to My Soul”, “Caught Up”, “So High”
Ramiele Malubay: “I Want You Back”, “Love Will Lead You Back”, “If I Never See Your Face Again”
Michael Johns: “We Will Rock You”, “It’s All Wrong, But It's All Right”, “Dream On”
Kristy Lee Cook: "Squeezin' the Love Out of You”, “God Bless the USA”, “Cowgirls”
Carly Smithson: “Bring Me to Life”, “Crazy on You”, “I Drove All Night”
Brooke White: “Let it Be”, “1234”, “Yellow”
Jason Castro: “Somewhere Over the Rainbow”, “Crazy”, “Daydream”
Syesha Mercado: “Umbrella”, “If I Ain’t Got You”, “Listen”
David Archuleta: “Angels”, “Apologize”, “Stand By Me”, “When You Say You Love Me”
David Cook: “Hello”, “Time of My Life”, “I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing”, “My Hero”, “Billie Jean”

I unearthed a somewhat old video (a week old?) of the finalists talking about what they planned on bringing with them on tour: watch Castro’s face as Syesha Mercado lists the ten thousand necessities she’s lugging along. Gotta love that kid, he certainly wears his heart on his sleeve. Also funny is David Archuleta’s response when “mama” Carly Smithson helps him create a list that includes his phone, his toothbrush (and toothpaste), his books:
“... it’s summer though.”
“Oh, it’s summer?”
“Yeah.” (No kidding, Carly. It’s even summer in Ireland!)
“You don’t have to go to school while you’re on the bus?”
“I probably should.”


[Photo courtesy of The Insider]

DArchuleta also mentioned backstage, to USA Today, that he is aiming for a November release of his debut album.

No comments: