Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Paws out for a catfight!

Lauren Conrad recently made a trip to New York City (always a joy to know that drama has been injected in the air I breathe) with a bunch of pals on what seemed like a weekend trip to the Hamptons. I was curious, upon seeing the paparazzi photos, as to why she had suddenly decided to up and leave Los Angeles for WASP-central. Apparently she was asked to close a "Paws for Style" charity fashion show in New York by the editor-in-chief of Animal Fair and the Humane Society, who covered her airfare.

Well turns out she didn't walk the fashion show at all and the show closed with Robert Verdi announcing to the crwowd: ""She's on The Hills ... And she's not coming out. You don't want to believe the shit that happens with these girls. Anyway, that was it! Thanks for your support!"

New York magazine claims to have tried to confront her as LC and her posse fled the scene, but she declined to comment: "She's got a bit of an attitude," one PR person working the event whispered to us.

A less-than-happy Wendy Diamond called LC out: "Her publicist didn't tell her it was a fashion show ... That's what she said. I just think it's really rude. [The Humane Society] spent probably $10,000 in bringing her here. If you're going to fly here first-class and get a suite at a hotel for you and your assistant, then that's what you deal with. There's no cats here, so we didn't need any catfights."

Well, Lauren shot back this afternoon on her MySpace (rather than a press statement?):
I would like to address some of the internet rumors regarding what happened at an event I attended in New York on Tuesday. I was invited by "Animal Fair Magazine" to attend a charity event, "Paws For Style" fashion show. I have always been a supporter of animal causes. I own 2 rescue animals and this sounded like a great event. I agreed to pose for the cover of the magazine, host the event, do press at the event and donate clothing, all of which I did. I was not aware of any other commitments. I was not paid to attend the event and my hotel room was donated to the charity. I also made a voluntary donation to the Humane Society for more then the cost of my airfare so there would be no expense to the charity. I have always been responsible and keep my word on all commitments. I am extremely hurt and disappointed that Wendy Diamond would go to the press and attack me with untrue statements. Anyone who knows me, knows this is not the kind of person I am or who my parent's raised me to be. It's just embarrassing that people are saying these things about me. I was trying to do a good thing and help out a charity by doing everything I agreed to do. I continue to support the Humane Society, as it is a wonderful organization.

Mmm ... I'm gonna go with Wendy Diamond and her chichi friends here, though there could've been a misunderstanding. Still, the "Paws for Style" fashion show is an annual event which I'm more than positive Lauren has heard of and knew about. You know, seeing as she's in the fashion industry and all.

[Photo courtesy of Wire Image]

No comments: