Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Richard Chai for Target

I’m afraid I’m a little late with this one – I’ve been checking dutifully every couple of days but didn’t notice it until today ... but Target has finally put up images of the Richard Chai collection for Go International, to debut on August 3rd.

I was excited about the collection and didn’t see what the fuss was about the repetitiveness of all the Go International collections, but now I am officially disappointed. Typically, I get really revved up about five to six pieces of each collection and then have my pick (one to two) after having touched and seen them in-store. The quality or cut is often very different from what it appears in the first look book. Well this time around, I am excited about one piece – the bright blue twill blazer, and even that is questionable, since the white denim counterpart is too utilitarian-looking for my taste.

I had my heart set on purchasing one or both of the grandpa cardigans, but at $40 a pop, I think I’ll just head to H&M or American Apparel for these basics.

All of the dresses are flat-out dull, especially the black ones. Nothing that hasn’t been done before by previous Go International designers. There are only so many black dresses we can fit or use in a lifetime.

The zip-skirts are unflattering, even on the pin-thin models, and if we don’t already own skinny pants in white and gray, I don’t think we’re ever going to jump on that bandwagon.


[Photos courtesy of Target]

Fancy satiny-cowl neck draping and hem and decidedly unfancy purple plaid potato sack with pouches to store pebbles in? Horrible.

No comments: