Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Start your engines, it's July

American Idol tour starts tonight! David Archuleta said he was “a little nervous, but I’m way excited at the same time” in his blog yesterday. Nothing particularly interesting, because this is DArchuleta we’re talking about. The same 17-year-old who’s never been kissed, disclosed that the last thing he “bought” was an overweight fee for his luggage ... I’m waiting for Jason Castro to give us the dirt.

And to give the women of the Top Ten some credit, The Los Angeles Times sat down with them recently and asked them what it was like being a female in a season when the guys dominated. Syesha Mercado said that “By the Top 3, I said, ‘Now people will like me more. I’ll get more fans.’ But no, at the most, I got like six letters. That’s at the most, six letters a week.”

Cracking me up: The French media is reporting (yet again) that Angelina Jolie has given birth to her twins. No one knows whether or not to trust them and is paying her half-assed wishes, in case they’re being punk’d. The woman’s gotta pop at some point or another, though. Isn’t she practically overdue?


[Photo courtesy of VanityFair.com]

The annual Young Hollywood issue of Vanity Fair has hit newsstands. No one particularly surprising or of note. However, I have noticed how hot Amanda Seyfried has gotten over the past year or so ... and had to check out her “interview”.
Jimmy Choo or Christian Louboutin? “Prada. I don’t have any, but they make a woman’s leg look fantastic.”
Favorite designer? “Miu Miu. I can’t afford it, but I love it.”

Love her already.

In the same issue, Kristen Stewart disappoints admirers across the rainbow spectrum:
Boy crush? “My boyfriend, Michael Angarano!”
What, she’s not gay!? Good news, ladies: she’s young yet! Gentlemen: give up the fight.

No comments: