Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Uncovering Gems

Someone on ONTD posted this little gem, which I think is one of the best things I’ve seen in quite a long time:


[Courtesy of YouTube user “usnavi”]

It’s a parody/commercial Lin-Manuel Miranda (of Broadway musical “In The Heights” fame) did of Zac Efron and High School Musical 2’s greatest scene: “BET ON IT”!

As a side note, I went to high school with Lin-Manuel. He's now dating the older sister of a guy I had a crush on when I was thirteen. I will probably regret having said that, since she only has one brother. Anyway, Lin-Manuel was a senior and I was a seventh grader. I’m not even sure how I knew of him when I was twelve, but I did. It was a small school and I have warm memories of him, though I can’t pinpoint any thing. Incidentally, he returned my senior year of high school to teach English. Guess that didn’t work out for him.

But anyway, the lyrics (and dancing) are pure brilliance.

This is the next best thing (after Lin-Manuel’s video): a Hollywood incest matrix or something. It’s interactive. If you click on names, new connections will be revealed.

Lindsay Lohan and Samantha Ronson are one step closer to outing themselves: the paps caught (or documented) Lindsay affectionately grabbing Sam and giving her a peck on the neck. You can view the entire narrative through photos here if the tight embrace doesn’t do it for you.

I mean, it’s daylight – certainly she can’t be inebriated. Otherwise, I can’t think of a good reason for Lindsay Lohan to grab onto someone like that.

[Photo courtesy of JFX Online]

No comments: